Cooling fan temp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ray d

Car
slk 55 amg
Hi all,
Have just taken ownership of my new SLK 55. Does anyone know what temp the cooling fan is to cut in as mine seems to come on at 93.I has a 2010 SLK one before and I don't remember the fan cutting in at that as it always seems to be on. I am wondering if it has been set like that for the first time and to be changed on the first service.
Thanks
Ray

Guess it's something to do with the New Year, the experts are having a hard time! However to your question...hard to say about cut-in temp for the fan except that some of these engines are running a bit hotter now and there are a couple of threads running where t'stats have been sticking, but giving a lower running temperature. The other thought is that the fan will run if the air-con is running.

How are you measuring temperature to be able to read to 0.1deg C? Presumably not using the gauge on the instrument panel?

All the best for 2016!

Ernie

Hi Ernie, thanks for the reply. Yes I was using the one inside the car (it was not 93.1 it was 93 full stop.) just my bad typing. you could be right everyone is recovering from Christmas. I have not even tried the air con yet as have only had the car and was used on the road today 157 miles now on the clock. I am also thinking could it be a new engine running hot due to tightness ?
Ray

I would wait a bit and see what happens; by all means keep an eye on the temperature, though. It might be that the 55 runs a bit hotter and needs a bit more air circulating than you're used to and hence the fan cutting in. All the best with the new car.

Ernie

Cheers Ernie, thanks for the reply and it most likely me nervous. Will get some more miles on the clock.
Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom