Cops seek 125 mph driver who filmed himself

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[RANT MODE ON]
You know it never ceases to amaze me.....Whenever you read about/watch news relating to speeding they ALWAYS refer to some speeding accident, and the get the parents of some victim to say slow down.
While I feel for these parents, does the media really believe that will get the message across to the people actually referred to in the article?! :rolleyes:
And then of course there is that God-awful message which misleads everyone..."SPEED KILLS". That message just makes people believe that any kind of speed violation is life threating, ergo it WILL kill you. What complete rubbish! Speed, itself, does not kill.....speeding in the WRONG CONDITIONS is dangerous and can kill. Start teaching drivers about assessing conditions!
[RANT MODE OFF]

Sorry about that! :eek: hehe

But on a lighter note, any ideas as to what car is? They say it's a 3.0 car. I don't recognise the instrument cluster, though?

Darren

Yeah whole "speed (alone) kills" message really hacks me off too. Too much speed for the conditions or driving up someone's backside etc even within the limits is dangerous etc. Thats why I'd prefer to have more police traffic officers (who can interpret the situation) than just loads of speed cameras that only punish speed.

It's never speed thats kills, its stopping quickly that causes problems

It's never speed thats kills, its stopping quickly that causes problems

Not really...its needing to stop quickly and failing to do so that causes the problems:D

I believe for those who want it, there should be high speed driving lessons available. Even in the eventful downturn of an increase in motorway collisions, drivers will know how to succumb high speeds and in the long run, we will see less high speed and motorway incidents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom