Copying files to CD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gina2201

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4 Quattro Avant S-Line
Trying to copy some files to CD, it starts ok, and copies 2 tracks and then pops the CD out, put it back in again and says put in a blank cd or one with room, I don't know why?! It's very frustrating as I now have 2 useless CD's with 2 tracks on each?!:mad:

Not sure what to do or why, may just give up! Me and technology don't mix very well.

Are the disks formatted to the right size and how large are the files being copied. They may be filling the disk.

Are the disks formatted to the right size and how large are the files being copied. They may be filling the disk.

Windows Media Player converts the tracks then begins copying, it says in minutes that the total time is 63mins worth of tracks, CD holds 80mins.

Total in MB of tracks is also less than what CD holds (700MB)

I'm a bit stuck now! I wish someone could do it for me, I love computers when they work! :confused:

Is it copying them as a wma file,And at what bit rate.Do you know?

Try storing them as a file on the pc first then check the size. They may be compressed as downloaded but then uncompress when stored.

How full are the spoiled disks? Check the properties of the disk when inserted into the writer.

Try storing them as a file on the pc first then check the size. They may be compressed as downloaded but then uncompress when stored.

How full are the spoiled disks? Check the properties of the disk when inserted into the writer.

I copied them from a CD onto PC, then tried copying them to new blank CD.

Shall check spolit discs now. ;)

Just use the CD burner 'Easy CD creator' to do Diskcopy. It should work then.

The way you are doing it doesn't make an exact replication..can't think why but it is so.

May want to try converting to mp3 at 128kps.Keeps them smaller in size.Ive noticed sometimes when Ive copied to wma the file size has been huge.Wma can go dowm as low as 64kps without much loss on quality.

How do I change from wma to mp3 format?! Sorry, I'm a simpleton! :D

In media player go to tools/options then rip music. Go to the drop down list and choose mp3

It says Free Space: 0 bytes
Total Size: 0 bytes

Did you format them before copying to them. They aren't formatted so maybe not scrap after all.

Did you format them before copying to them. They aren't formatted so maybe not scrap after all.

Erm, I dunno, didn't do anything as such, shall keep them for now!

In media player go to tools/options then rip music. Go to the drop down list and choose mp3

Don't appear to have rip music as an option?!

I'll keep fiddling with it, I won't let it beat me.:rolleyes:

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think you can format a write once disk.

You've got me thinking now but I think if they aren't already formatted you can.

Worth a go.

Just trying it now.

OK - I've read all the posts and am confused?

You are copying from files originally copied from CD to PC and then back to CD.

three questions is the first CD an original standard off the shelf music disc or a previously copied to disc.

secondly (depending on answer to first question) at any time are the files standard audio files (off the shelf CD) or are they all some form of compressed audio, MP3, AAC, etc

What software and discs are you using?

Mike

Don't appear to have rip music as an option?!
Might be worth updating your media player to version 11 like I have.Allways thought ripping music via media player was common on all versions.If you do update its a lot better than version 10 :rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom