Copying SatNav onto Comand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRIVER200

Car
C43 AMG Estate
Have copied all my SatNav information from the MMI SatNav system in my last car (Audi SQ5) onto a USB stick but for some unknown reason the Comand system does not see any files to be copied when USB installed in my car. Any ideas anyone?

Have copied all my SatNav information from the MMI SatNav system in my last car (Audi SQ5) onto a USB stick but for some unknown reason the Comand system does not see any files to be copied when USB installed in my car. Any ideas anyone?

Not sure, but I think the USB port is only for media files storage (mp3 etc) and not for uploading files into COMAND?

You can transfer files into comand via sd slot. I did that for speed cameras

Have copied my USB info onto SD but still doesn't work. Not really familiar with this type of thing but when you go into NAV it lets you choose MEMORY CARD but doesn't let you download/copy anything on the SD. It just lets you record your journey onto the SD so doesn't look for already stored destinations. Am I doing something wrong?

NTG 4.5/7?

The SD card has to be a certain format for it to read the NAV files and you will also need the correct PIN to install it

i am incorrect in that it transfers the files into comand....it reads it off the sd card. if you go to pocketgps world for more info
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras Forums-viewtopic-Mercedes Comand Online ntg4.5 - Personal POI data support
i copied this post...
I hope this helps as I had the same problem this worked for me.
1) Make sure that the SD card is clean of any detail, best to format it ensuring FAT 32
2) On the SD card, create a folder called PersonalPOI
3) Log on to Pocket GPS World.
4) Go to speed camera download.
5). Select "Mercedes Comand".
6) Select “UK-single file with all cameras”.
7) Download the compressed file to the SD Card PersonalPOI folder.
8) Unpack the files.
9) Remove all files except gpx files
10) Insert card into the SD slot on the car
11) Choose Navi function
12) Select Destination
13) Select from SD card, this will start trying to import, but it doesn't !!
14) Now select Options and select Personal POIs
15) Select show on map,
16) The cameras should now show on your map but sound will only be a bong.
17) You must leave the SD card in slot as the files do not load onto Comand unit they only
Show on the map.
Each time you update the cameras you will need to carry out the above again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom