Cordless keyboard and mouse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

racall

Car
Black R172SLK
What do the members think of a cordless keyboard/mouse.
My cordless mouse seems to have gone lazy? Iv'e cleaned the ball etc Whats a good brand?

Last edited:
racall said:
What do the members think of a cordless keyboard/mouse.
My cordless mouse seems to have gone lazy? Iv'e cleaned the ball etc Whats a good brand?

I have a cordless Microsoft Intellimouse and it is excellent. I lay on my back all day and the mouse operates brilliantly by being slid across my chest. The old 'ball' type mouse would very quickly get clogged from the fibres of my casual shirt etc. Being cordless is a huge bonus no 'knitting' or tangled wires.

I use rechargeable batteries as they certainly tend to use them quite quickly.

I have used other brands of mice, but Microsoft just has a very nice positive feel that suits me.

Good luck with your choice,
John

Agree with John on this, I also have a Microsoft Intellimouse, it's optical so no ball to get clogged up and it works with a RF transmitter so you don't need line of sight and the mouse is free to travel without tangles. Excellent piece of kit, I just use alkaline batteries with mine and they seem to last for ages, approx 3 to 4 months.

*EDIT* I did have a Packard Bell cordless mouse but after 3 of them failing on me in quick succession I refused the fourth replacement and upgraded to Microsoft. PB Mouse - Utter pants.

S.

Last edited:
I bought a Trend Wireless Optical mouse for £20 or thereabouts. Great to use and battery life is about 4 days. The receiver is also the battery charger. No complaints :D

I think what you're looking for Racall is an optical rather than a ball mouse. We have a logitech wireless mouse(optical) and keyboard and I love them. Range is superb, battery life is fab too - mouse batteries prob last in excess of three months - and it gets used an awful lot!

But the accuracy and reliability is so much better than a ball mouse - no laziness or jerkiness - unless the batteries are failing - but you get a warning anyway.

Keyboard batteries last over 12 months, again lots of use.

Bought a cheap set for the Mother in law a couple of years ago now - was about £45 at the time - so prob get it for about £20 now and afaik it's been fine too.

Seems to be one of those things that it's the technology that's the improvement and that the name isn't really any real bonus, you just get extra functionality.

I have a Microsoft Optical IntelliMouse and a Logitech Cordless Optical mouse and I much prefer the Logitech mouse. It is one of the original MS Optical mouses I have so the later one's may have improved.

I want one of those cool gyroscopic mice that you can wave about in the air to move the cursor ! Not cheap, apparently, but very cool !

S.

IIRC Microsoft re-badge Logitech mice, so they have very similar offerings!

I have a basic Microsoft intellimouse or whatever with optical, 2 button with mousewheel.

IMHO cordless mice are ok, but at least when I lose my mouse in a pile of junk I can pull the cable for a few seconds and a mouse appears. If I had a cordless one I'd lose it after a few days! ;)

EDIT: forgot to mention that I had an optical mouse in the 1980s! Mouse systems 3-button with a special mouse pad!

I recommend using a corded or cordless Microsoft optical mouse.

I am yet to find a truly reliable wireless keyboard, having tried most including an expensive Microsoft bluetooth model.

ive never understood the need for cordless input devices.....

pc screens are too small at the moment , so basically if youre far enough away to justify a cordless one , you can't see the screen ....

does anyone else see where im coming from?

GrahamC230K said:
I am yet to find a truly reliable wireless keyboard, having tried most including an expensive Microsoft bluetooth model.

Hi Graham,
Thanks for that, it saves me asking the question.

John

fuzzer said:
...does anyone else see where im coming from?
NO, you're too far away! :p :p :D :D

*EDIT* On a more serious note, I use a corded mouse for work and a cordless at home and in both cases I am right next to PC and screen. The cord still tangles itself up and I much prefer the cordless version as you don't have to tussle with the cable every so often.

S.

Find the microsoft keyboard and mouse great but the range is a bit poor, batterys last for ages though. The mouse does like being cleaned so the sensors work better every week or so though!
Kate

Hi,
I have a wireless logitec trackerball and although a bit tricky to use for the first hour they are great :cool: and good on batteries :)

I have a Logitech cordless mouse which has been extremely reliable over the past two years or so. Battery life approx 3 months.

Went to Aldi just before Christmas and bought a Tevion cordless keyboard and mouse set for £14.99. Absolutely useless! Mouse okay, but keyboard sometimes requires up to 3 keystrokes before the character appears. I think the lesson here is that you gets what you pays for! Steer clear of the cheap stuff and stick with either MS or Logitech.

Ciao,

Alex

PS: It's just taken me about 10 minutes to type and constantly correct this :mad: !!

No.1 son is an on-line gaming fiend. He and many of his ilk claim that a cordless mouse intoduces the odd millisecond or two of lag in response time.

Cannot say I had noticed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom