Cordless phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

x332race

MB Enthusiast
Help...I have a BT Synergy 4500 DECT cordless answerphone and its driving me mad...Phone keeps cutting out as battery fails....have changed batteries and this made a difference for a while. OH is very frustrated as it cuts her off in middle of conversations with friends. Reviews of this phone on Amazon not very complimentary and others have same problem.

What is the best cordless DECT phone to go for for home use...we really only need 2 handsets and an answerphone.....reliablity and good battery life a must.

I have a Panasonic DECT phone, with three handsets. Had them for 5 years or so, never given me any problems and still on original batteries!:thumb:

sorry to go OT - is gap and dect the same thing? I need to add a new handset to my 3 year old panasonic dect system.

I also vouch for Panasonic.

Panasonic came over well in Amazon reviews...any model recommendation?

Panasonic or Siemens - not Binatone or BT!

DECT is the way the handsets talk to the base and GAP is the "standard" that allows other vendors' handsets to be adopted by the base (you can be DECT without GAP...) - at least for basic functions anyway. Don't expect all the bells and whistles to work (like control of an answer machine for instance)

We have Siemens Gigaset units and 2 have survived being left outside on a bench overnight in the rain....as well as being dropped over and over. Standby for weeks and many hours call time (the kids don't ever put them back on the charger...). Standard AAA rechargeable batteries.

Last edited:
Help...I have a BT Synergy 4500 DECT cordless answerphone and its driving me mad...Phone keeps cutting out as battery fails....have changed batteries and this made a difference for a while. OH is very frustrated as it cuts her off in middle of conversations with friends. Reviews of this phone on Amazon not very complimentary and others have same problem.

What is the best cordless DECT phone to go for for home use...we really only need 2 handsets and an answerphone.....reliablity and good battery life a must.

And that's a bad thing? LOL :devil:

We have B&O 6000. I know they are expensive - but what I like besides the quality, styling and clarity is that if you store a number on one phone all phones have it as it is stored on a central little base station about the size of a Bic lighter.

Panasonic sounds pretty conclusive then! :bannana:

Panasonic or Siemens - not Binatone or BT!
Some of the BT DECT phones are actually just rebranded Siemens units. I've had a pair of those (BT-branded Siemens) for the last 5 years or so and they're still on their original batteries and work absolutely great.

+ 1 Panny

Seems like Panasonic is king....which model shoudl I go for or are they all good?

Well, I've ordered a Panasonic DECT twin phone set, so I know who to blame if its no good!

Thanks for your input on this....been helpful

I have a Panasonic DECT phone, with three handsets. Had them for 5 years or so, never given me any problems and still on original batteries!:thumb:

+1 for Panasonic. Have changed the batteries a couple of times in the 5 or 6 years that I've had them though - usually only charge them when they are down to 1 bar, don't keep them on the charging base.

Best we`ve ever used : Panasonic Dect ( latest models are really nice ) Try amazon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom