Cordless vacuum/Hoover recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

D2028

Car
2009 CLK 220 cdi avantgarde, 2004 landrover discovery2 td5
I'm getting fed up with getting the 240v house vacuum out to clean the cars and wanted recommendations on portable rechargeable options based on user experience. I have trawled the internet but the choices and mixed reviews are overheating my cranial CPU.
HELP

Is the intended acquisition purely for car cleaning duties, or will it be used in the house too?

My experience - albeit limited - of "car" vacuum cleaners is that they are generally pretty poor performers but this one that we bought for occasional cleaning up in a garden house works reasonably well and would be easy enough to use in the confines of a car:

If you want something for household duties too, then although rather expensive, this Miele is super-flexible and definitely powerful enough to compete with a full-size mains-powered vacuum cleaner:

Finally, don't discount a good old-fashioned Henry with it's long power lead and long suction hose:

Finally, don't discount a good old-fashioned Henry with it's long power lead and long suction hose:
It's just for the car and has to be cordless, I'll check out those others though.

I'll check out those others though
I'll warn you that they're at opposing ends of both the performance and price scales.

The Miele would probably only make sense if you want to replace a domestic mains-powered upright cleaner (which it is eminently capable of doing) due to its price.

I'll warn you that they're at opposing ends of both the performance and price scales.

The Miele would probably only make sense if you want to replace a domestic mains-powered upright cleaner (which it is eminently capable of doing) due to its price.
I just looked at the price of the Miele.....I don't think it'll be an option, as for the Vax I'm not sure how good it would be for all the nooks and crannies. Ideally I think it would need a flexible hose attachment.

Never come across a non mains one that had anything like the performance/guts of a proper 240v powered one. For my car I use an old Henry that was relegated from house duties.....must be 20 years old and still works like new. The best rechargeable ones dont have hoses so are not really suitable for car cleaning.

Never come across a non mains one that had anything like the performance/guts of a proper 240v powered one. For my car I use an old Henry that was relegated from house duties.....must be 20 years old and still works like new. The best rechargeable ones dont have hoses so are not really suitable for car cleaning.
Something like this does

Never come across a non mains one that had anything like the performance/guts of a proper 240v powered one.
The Miele one I linked to above does - although it's eye-wateringly expensive - and is the only cordless vacuum that has made us seriously think about getting rid of our mains upright for house cleaning duties.

For the car I used to have an old Dyson upright that had been relegated from the house (I see a pattern here!) but when it expired I bought a Henry wet-and-dry that now lives in the garage.

Unfortunately I no longer have my garage so am slumming it in the great outdoors so a cordless that I can keep in the boot will have to do for now, just want to make sure I purchase something that will be up to the job but won't cost the earth.

Another option would be most petrol stations which have reasonable Vax facilities now?

Another option would be most petrol stations which have reasonable Vax facilities now?
Unfortunately I am in a really rural area and local filling stations are small independents without all the facilities that the bigger ones have

We use a Dyson v8 animal for the car.

We've bought this as a second vacuum cleaner in the house.

Amazon link

It's 'okay' and would do a car withe the nozzle bits but it is only just better than a ye olde 12v car Vax, which still are 'okay'

I use a mains powered titan hentry type vac myself though....

The Indy and Parkers both like this one.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/eufy-Cordless-Handheld-Lightweight-Cleaning/dp/B09S5SMLJB
I've got a Beldray one - better than nowt and cheap enough but not a that powerful and the filter system is a pain.
If I want to give the cars a proper vac, then the mains Miele Cat and Dog gets dragged out. The only problem with that is it's powerful enough to remove the floor mats!

We've bought this as a second vacuum cleaner in the house.

Amazon link

It's 'okay' and would do a car withe the nozzle bits but it is only just better than a ye olde 12v car Vax, which still are 'okay'

I use a mains powered titan hentry type vac myself though....
Link not working unfortunately

Oh, bugga

Can't get a link pasted in from Amazon. How odd....

Honiture is the M/f on Amazon
They do a range of them

The Indy and Parkers both like this one.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/eufy-Cordless-Handheld-Lightweight-Cleaning/dp/B09S5SMLJB
I've got a Beldray one - better than nowt and cheap enough but not a that powerful and the filter system is a pain.
If I want to give the cars a proper vac, then the mains Miele Cat and Dog gets dragged out. The only problem with that is it's powerful enough to remove the floor mats!
Not sure if that would be gutsy enough for a whole car clean. I am thinking either Makita DVC750LZ as I have Makita batteries, or milwaukee m18cv-502b m18 18v cordless compact hand vacuum but I would have to buy a battery and charger.

Shark.
The thinking man's Dyson.
Not ruling Shark out but have been reading that there's a lot of dissatisfaction with aftersales/customer service if there's any problems with the product.

Everytime I see people cleaning at the offices I visit, all the cleaning staff seem to use these 18V Makita back packs

Can probably be had for just under £350 if you time an offer, but not cheap. I'm not sure if a back pack might actually get in the way, but they seem reasonably well reviewed and are half the price of the Miele.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom