Corel Draw 8 in XP?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dvndave

Car
C250 TD
Hi Guys,

For years I have used Corel Draw 8 with my windows 95 desktop I now have a laptop running XP but can't get the prog to run properly, it keeps telling me that it's encountered a problem and has to close. Iv'e tried running it via the compatability wizard '95 and '98 and while some aspects of the prog work, at no time have I been able to access the clip art disk.

Any thoughts?

MTIA

Dave

I seem to remember that early Corel is one of the known problem apps with XP, and that an upgrade was recommended.....

I concur with Scott.

Corel, although I like their applications of that period (just getting bloated with a suite of a zillion apps, but pre takeover) were very buggy around version 8. I remember one of the versions had an "a" patch, then a "b", then "c" all the way to "e", could have been Microsofts work!

Well, actually, I can always recall Corel Draw being buggy, so I am noit surprised their is an issue with XP. I have run version 9 on XP without issues.

I don't know currently, but the good thing with Corel was the older versions of the software tended to still be available at bargain basement prices. It actually made it worth buying!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom