cornering lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

foxy1305

Car
w211 320cdi sport
Its not really important just would be nice to know if this is right or wrong. On my 58 plate e320cdi, the cornering lights work fine when the main lights are set to auto, but, as this morning with fog, I set the main lights to on. I notice that in this setting the cornering ligts dont work. Is this correct?:dk:

I notice the same on my 203. I think the car still uses the light sensor to assess the need for lights. The fact you have 'overridden' that doesn't make the cornering lights come on.

My cornering lights function whenever the dipped beams are on, whether set manually or via auto — although I'm not sure if this is only when it's dark.

You are aware the cornering lights are just the fog lights doubling up their function, yes? If you had the front fogs on, then you wouldn't expect any additional lights to come on when cornering.

My cornering lights function whenever the dipped beams are on, whether set manually or via auto — although I'm not sure if this is only when it's dark.

You are aware the cornering lights are just the fog lights doubling up their function, yes? If you had the front fogs on, then you wouldn't expect any additional lights to come on when cornering.

That's the crux of the matter! If the light sensor does determine the function not the light switch position ...

That's the crux of the matter! If the light sensor does determine the function not the light switch position ...

Just checked my car; the lights do not come on in the 'auto' position and when I switch them on manually the cornering lights do not function.

I'm fairly sure the cornering lights do work when the lights are switched on manually and it's dark, but will check when it's dark enough.

As has been said suspect the cornering lights only work when it's dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom