Cornwall - things to do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
mine tin :)

JohnEBoy said:
I seem to remember staying in Mullion one year for a family holiday probably 30 years ago now. We went to Flambards / Aero park which was quite good I seem to remember. Agree with Polperro being nice. Went to Cornwall last year with Mrs JB but Mullion cove was a bit ropey so I'd give it a miss. Polruan was nice I think as well. I used to work for a software firm who had a customer in Charlestown called "Svedala Pumps" or similar. Strangely, I was talking about this to someone else a couple of weeks ago for some reason and it appears to not be there any more on Google maps - just up the hill from the Pier House Hotel. ... which incidentally is where I used to stay back in the very late 90s / early 00s. Used to eat far too much in the restaurant and then go for a walk down to that small beach. Small world.

Indeed it is a small world.

That software firm went a while ago and is now "Charlie's boat house" which is a cocktail bar and does quite good food actually.

I used to work for a software firm who had a customer in Charlestown called "Svedala Pumps" or similar.

Strangely, I was talking about this to someone else a couple of weeks ago for some reason and it appears to not be there any more on Google maps - just up the hill from the Pier House Hotel.

Very small world :eek: Svedala in Charlestown were a big customer of mine, they then rebranded under the Metso Minerals umbrella. The whole purpose of that facility was to serve the local China Clay Industry, when that went into decline Metso closed the office and served the market centrally from their midlands base. I still do very good business with them globally.

Indeed it is a small world.

That software firm went a while ago and is now "Charlie's boat house" which is a cocktail bar and does quite good food actually.

Actually they were a manufacturer of pumps I think (Svedala Pumps and Process I think). I seem to remember the IT guy I mostly dealt with was Chris White...

The company I worked for sold them their ERP system so I sometimes had to visit to do stuff on site like upgrades or installing something they'd bought etc.

Very small world :eek: Svedala in Charlestown were a big customer of mine, they then rebranded under the Metso Minerals umbrella. The whole purpose of that facility was to serve the local China Clay Industry, when that went into decline Metso closed the office and served the market centrally from their midlands base. I still do very good business with them globally.

Weird!

Ah - that explains. I suppose we are 16/17 years on.

I visited their site in Sweden in 2001 as well although what happens in Sweden stays in Sweden... :eek: :D

I visited their site in Sweden in 2001 as well although what happens in Sweden stays in Sweden... :eek: :D

So did I, for the uninitiated it usually goes something like this.

Sauna and then out side into freezing plunge pool

Sweden_zpsddvf3un2.jpg

Then beaten by a long haired blonde :D

SSPAULINE_Twigs_RZ80.jpg

I love Sweden :D Not sure you'd get the above in Cornwall, unless anyone knows different :dk:

Last edited:
Gents
Thanks for all of the above, very informative and some of it quite funny.
As it turns out, Helston is off, deal is dead.
This thread has, however, encouraged me quite a bit to visit the south west.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom