Correct Badging!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John N

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Peterborough. - (Scot on Permanent Tour!)
Car
GLB 220D 4Matic P+
I'm not an Expert when it comes to the Correct Badge Etiquette:

I have seen a few C63 and C63S around, but I followed a C43 yesterday and it wasn't until it disappeared over the horizon, (At a Rate of Knots) that I realised it was Badged differently:

C63 & C63S Badge on LH Side of Boot Lid AMG Logo on the RH Side?

C43 AMG Logo on the LH Side and C43 on the Right!

Is this correct or has the Owner Badged it the wrong way round?:rolleyes:

AFAIK, MB decided to change what side they put the AMG badge on. No idea as to the reason, but it happened a year or two ago me thinks.

W204 were the last to have AMG badge on the right. W205 and any new model since has AMG on the left

I'm not an Expert when it comes to the Correct Badge Etiquette:

I have seen a few C63 and C63S around, but I followed a C43 yesterday and it wasn't until it disappeared over the horizon, (At a Rate of Knots) that I realised it was Badged differently:

C63 & C63S Badge on LH Side of Boot Lid AMG Logo on the RH Side?

C43 AMG Logo on the LH Side and C43 on the Right!

Is this correct or has the Owner Badged it the wrong way round?:rolleyes:

Correct

The one that made me laugh was a yummy mummy who parked across my driveway a couple of days ago but was couth enough to move when I commented - she was driving a C220 with an AMG badge on the boot - I'm not aware of AMG ever having done a 220Cdi engine - and our shopping trolley is an S204 C220Cdi!

I believe it was mid-2015 when the badge position was changed, It also changed from Mercedes-Benz (Insert model name) AMG to Mercedes-AMG (insert model name)

So rather then being a Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG it is now Mercedes-AMG C63, or with my experience of my previous car (CLA45), upto model year 2015 was Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, then model year 2016 onwards became Mercedes-AMG CLA45.

On the CLS63, it changed mid 2016, June/July time to put model on right side.

When did Mercedes fully acquire AMG?

Mercedes-AMG - Wikipedia
EXTRACT
On 1 January 1999 DaimlerChrysler, as it was called between 1998 and 2007, acquired 51 percent of AMG shares, and AMG was renamed to Mercedes-AMG GmbH.[4] Racing engine development was divested and continues to exist in Burgstall under the name HWA (Aufrecht's initials). On 1 January 2005 Aufrecht sold his remaining shares to DaimlerChrysler, and since then Mercedes-AMG GmbH has been a wholly owned subsidiary of Daimler AG.[1]

Time was the model designation was in the centre , below the star on the bootlid .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom