Correct me if I’m wrong but...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To be honest I think I can learn from Mark Lemarr with my online presence. I don't think I'm honest enough, I think I beat about the bush too much and could benefit from being a little more for-front what do you reckon Abs?!

(If you ain't reading that in Mark Lemarr's voice, then abort)... :D

I don't think I'm honest enough, I think I beat about the bush too much and could benefit from being a little more for-front what do you reckon Abs?!

Yeh Mike 100% whenever I read your posts I feel the same :rolleyes::p

The problem with a lot of the move over signs or signs saying the lane is closed is that they tell you about 5 miles in advance of the problem. So of course people are going to ignore them. It's either that or sit in a queue for 15 minutes or more because everyone is moving over and causing a tailback.

The problem with a lot of the move over signs or signs saying the lane is closed is that they tell you about 5 miles in advance of the problem. So of course people are going to ignore them. It's either that or sit in a queue for 15 minutes or more because everyone is moving over and causing a tailback.
Agree.

They are very often false as well, we all pull over and crawl along for a few miles to realise that there is nothing to warrant the signs. It's often a gamble that pays off to plough on if a number of cars in front do so, keeping a reasonable braking distance naturally.

The idea of using one of those respite areas or whatever they're called on a smart motorway horrifies me - they're way too small and hard to see, then if your problem is solved you have no space to accelerate to motorway speed before rejoining the motorway - into a lane full of artics doing 60MPH!!

The idea of using one of those respite areas or whatever they're called on a smart motorway horrifies me - they're way too small and hard to see, then if your problem is solved you have no space to accelerate to motorway speed before rejoining the motorway - into a lane full of artics doing 60MPH!!
Hence the requirement to use the phone to call for assistance I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom