Correct tyre size??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Markw70

Car
E220d AMG Line Coupe
I feel like I’m going round in circles (pun intended) trying to find the correct tyre size combination fit a 2016 E class coupe in AMG line spec With 19” wheels. I did post this question on someone else’s thread and I was pointed to a table on another website or to measure the alloy , but it seems the alloy size is a constant irrespective of the two likely sizes of tyres, and the table did give two sizes which did sort of confirm the sizes I though, but putting my reg onto major tyre fitters website increases the confusion, one site gives the combo I have now 235/35 R19 front/rear, others give 235/35 front and 255/30 rear and another gave completely different sizes altogether 245/40 front 275/40 rear. The sticker on the fuel flap follows what the table shows, so that's what I’m leaning towards the handbook gives zero help, but I was hoping someone with the same model can confirm what sizes they have fitted, before I order a new rear pair of tyres, because price wise it’s a significant amount of money being around £400 a pair for decent brands in the 255/30 size, and I just want to get the best fee and confidence from the car, because currently I don’t in the wet, something just doesn’t feel right. Which I appreciate is probably more to do with the tyres fitted rather than the size, but still. Thanks in advance Mark

What are the rim widths front/rear you have on the car?

As far as I can tell the C207 was not available with 19" from the factory. The biggest wbeels available at the time were 18" with 235/40 R18 ar the front and 255/35 R18 at the rear. Find an online tyre size calculator and work out the difference in size for 19".

E.g.:

Assuming your model is the C207 (ie the one that ran from c2009-2017?), I have a my2013 brochure and that lists a 19" AMG 7-twin-spoke as an option (code 770) for the Sport (but not for the SE), which is quite possibly what later became the AMG-line.

The tyres shown for that 19" wheel are:
Front 235/35
Rear 255/30

Is it not in the handbook?

Assuming your model is the C207 (ie the one that ran from c2009-2017?), I have a my2013 brochure and that lists a 19" AMG 7-twin-spoke as an option (code 770) for the Sport (but not for the SE), which is quite possibly what later became the AMG-line.

The tyres shown for that 19" wheel are:
Front 235/35
Rear 255/30

Is it not in the handbook?
Thanks for the reply, yes it’s the C207 and that’s the size I believe is correct, but I just get conflicting info, and in the hand book it doesn’t give any size info.
is this the alloy you mention in the brochure?
21BA2FEC-7EB6-4311-8ACC-DE7A428DDF92.jpeg

235 35 19 front. 255 30 19 rear . All 4 wheels maybe 8.5 j, as mine are. Tyre sizes are on fuel filler flap.

As far as I can tell the C207 was not available with 19" from the factory. The biggest wbeels available at the time were 18" with 235/40 R18 ar the front and 255/35 R18 at the rear. Find an online tyre size calculator and work out the difference in size for 19".

E.g.:

Tbh this is the problem I’m having, some sites say one thing and it’s then contracted on another, but 19” is definitely a option
0382D1BD-6A73-40E7-ACD4-B895BCFC04B7.jpeg

235 35 19 front. 255 30 19 rear . All 4 wheels maybe 8.5 j, as mine are. Tyre sizes are on fuel filler flap.
Thanks, that’s the sizes I thought but when I went shopping for the tyres. The info that came up from the registration search confused me. Plus that the car came with 235/35 front & rear from a MB dealer added to the issue.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, yes it’s the C207 and that’s the size I believe is correct, but I just get conflicting info, and in the hand book it doesn’t give any size info.
is this the alloy you mention in the brochure?
View attachment 117337
As far as I can see, it's the same wheel; it certainly looks the same although obviously I can't see any of the markings etc.. on the rear face and it also assumes that yours is a genuine MB wheel.

The fact that the sizes shown on your filler flap state the same as I quoted would seem to suggest that the sizes quoted are the recommended MB sizes. I always treat these sites that rely on regn. numbers etc. with a pinch of salt; they're a guide but by no means infallible.

They fit 235 all round out of pure greed . It can be done . But 255 is correct for road holding on corners etc. Mine came with 235 all round also, but I refused payment until 255 went on.

They fit 235 all round out of pure greed . It can be done . But 255 is correct for road holding on corners etc. Mine came with 235 all round also, but I refused payment until 255 went on.
I’m not sure if it was the last owner or dealer that failed to put the correct size on, but they look practically new. You’re spot on it’s to save cash. I did ask the young salesman should the rears not be a different size and he did say no, but on reflection I should of followed it up. I’m tempted to give them a ring and see what they say. I’ve nothing to lose really.

I’m not sure if it was the last owner or dealer that failed to put the correct size on, but they look practically new. You’re spot on it’s to save cash. I did ask the young salesman should the rears not be a different size and he did say no, but on reflection I should of followed it up. I’m tempted to give them a ring and see what they say. I’ve nothing to lose really.
Check the data card. Mine says 8.j with wider tyres.

I have those exact wheels with rear 275/30/19 front 245/35/19 confirmed by fuel flap on car

I have those exact wheels with rear 275/30/19 front 245/35/19 confirmed by fuel flap on car

Facelift models went to 8.5 j all round with staggered tyres instead of staggered wheels and tyres.

The convention is 245/35 x 19 on 8.5 rims and if rear on 9.5 then 275/30x19 works.

A 275 width tyre on a 8.5" rim is not recommended.

OP - assume you have staggered set-up?

The convention is 245/35 x 19 on 8.5 rims and if rear on 9.5 then 275/30x19 works.

A 275 width tyre on a 8.5" rim is not recommended.

OP - assume you have staggered set-up?
Thanks for the reply. I’ve just checked with a tape measure and front and back measure the same.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve just checked with a tape measure and front and back measure the same.

:thumb:. ;)

Wager they will be 8.5".

On the brightside (if you buy appropriate tyres) then will be able to rotate diagonally for even wear rates.

Then go for the same size tyres all around. 235/35

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom