Corroded brake pipes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ivandraganov

Hi everyone,have corroded rear brake pipes on the Sprinter,what's the best way to sort them out?

Depends how bad. If it's just surface then clean them up and protect them with waxoyl or similar. If they are bad then they will need replacement.

I believe that the pipe is 3/16",is that right?

I have not changed brake pipes since 1980,I suspect it has not changed much,you need the special tools,copper is fine to use,and you need to be able to raise the car /van up on axle stands or a lift,the steel ones fitted to motors,do rust but many times a MOT fail is nothing more than surface rust which can be rubbed off and coated ,best of luck with it,I know I took all weekend when I did it,make sure you have everything you need before starting it,unlike me.

Hi everyone,have corroded rear brake pipes on the Sprinter,what's the best way to sort them out?

I believe that the pipe is 3/16",is that right?

I suspect they'll be metric. However, I get the distinct feeling that maybe you don't know exactly what you're taking on here. Is this correct, because if so you should leave the thing to someone who does? It's only the brakes after all. :dk:

Just saying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom