Corrosion Years?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benzbarmy1

Car
Searching
I understand that there were a few years where the MB bodywork was subject to rust problems (think it was the 90's)? :doh: Can anyone give me a more exact set of dates for cars to avoid when looking to purchase please? :confused:

All MB cars since the year dot.

Agree with Dieselman - On the negative side, and imho, Mercs dont have a very good record for not rusting. On the positive side, and again imho, they do have a very good record for rusting.

You should check any potential vehicle purchase for rust anyway really...

volvos (940/960 era particularly) dont rot, but they are ugly.

The W210 E-class (1996 to 2004-ish) have a reputation for rusting badly, but as with any car, some don't - or have had the fix. You have to see the car to tell. HTH

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. I will be looking very carefully then. I've seen some quite low mileage cars going very cheap due to flaking arches, sills etc. They didn't look as if they were rusted through from the inside but more like surface rust.
Mike

my 1997 C280 face lift is completely rust free :)

Thanks for the responses. I will be looking very carefully then. I've seen some quite low mileage cars going very cheap due to flaking arches, sills etc. They didn't look as if they were rusted through from the inside but more like surface rust.
Mike

They will be W210 E-class, whereas a W124 E-Class will appear bodily sound but have no front inner wings or rear substructure left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom