Cosmetic Changes when Under 36 Business Contract

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

55NF

Car
BMW / Golf GTD MK8
When under Business Contract/Lease can cosmetic changes to the car be made ? Such as colour coding the grill etc ? Professionally of course.

Usually not.

We have to return ours "as is" and are responsible for such. One of my colleagues fitted a towbar to his car and, as he was replacing it with something else, decided to leave it on. He received a bill for removal!

Best course of action is to check with your fleet manager (if you have one) or the lease company to see what their policy is.

One of my colleagues got a Honda Civic on lease , then bought a 'sports grille, which he fitted himself , keeping the original grille in his garage . At the end of the lease , he refitted the original grille and sold the sports one on eBay , presumably losing some money on it .

I'd imagine that items like this , or alloy wheels , which can easily be taken back of and the car returned to standard spec at end of lease would not be a problem - as long as both leasing company and insurance are OK with it .

Hmmm, I'd better check it out. I just want to colour code the grill black. Thanks

Bit late now < i've just had the grill painted matt black & black logos on the boot. Will post pics later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom