Cost of 'A' service CL600 BT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WOODYTHEWISE

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E 500 Coupe.
Phoned the MB main dealer in Ayr and asked for a quote for an A service ( using my oil. 9.5 lts ) including brake fluid change. The price to include an MOT and a loan car.
£242.51 I do not think that is bad at all.

No, doesn't sound bad at all.

Is that fixed or will they hit + a few times on their calculator once they've finished?

Knowing a main dealer it's £242 per wheel....so make sure the spare isn't in.

No seems a good price for a car like yours.

Whats included on an A service though?

Probably more a visual 'look'

So you providing oil and paying £40 say for the MOT what is the £200 for...the oil change?

Fair enough it 'sounds' ok if it stays at that but when you think what your getting for the money its not really a deal?

Whats included on an A service though?

Probably more a visual 'look'

So you providing oil and paying £40 say for the MOT what is the £200 for...the oil change?

Fair enough it 'sounds' ok if it stays at that but when you think what your getting for the money its not really a deal?

There is not a lot of work in an 'A' service, true, and there are a lot of visual inspections. These are worth it to me for my peace of mind. The price also includes a brake fluid change, and a loan car for the day. This service also extends the Mobilo break down service for a further 12 months. I have used this service and its 1st class.
So, break down cover for 12 months. Break fluid changed. Loan car for a day. MOT. Oil change using my oil, and a plethora of visual checks including the ABC. In this day and age I still think the price is a fair one.

^ Yep its worth it to keep the stamp etc...

I guess come the bigger ones you will have to decide if its worth it or independent time?

I have an A service booked for tomorrow - £165.00 - indy.

I have an A service booked for tomorrow - £165.00 - indy.

Will that extend the mobilo for 12 months? do you get a car for the day? Does that include an MOT?. does it include a brake fluid change.?

Not saying its the bargain of a life time, but the price is very good from a main dealer.

Mb will do it for less for cars seven years old.

Less than £165? Maybe on an engine which requires only 5 litres of oil that is 229.5 spec.
Developer215's car takes nearly 9 litres!!!!!!!

Will that extend the mobilo for 12 months? do you get a car for the day? Does that include an MOT?. does it include a brake fluid change.?

Not saying its the bargain of a life time, but the price is very good from a main dealer.

It's a different car at a different place WTW.

I was just saying I'm having an A service too, as it's an A service thread and mine is tomorrow.

^ Yep its worth it to keep the stamp etc...

I guess come the bigger ones you will have to decide if its worth it or independent time?

I think the next one will be at an Indies. A plug change alone (24) would cost an arm and a leg. And as stated above £165 for a service is very good.

WG M-B said:
Less than £165? Maybe on an engine which requires only 5 litres of oil that is 229.5 spec.
Developer215's car takes nearly 9 litres!!!!!!!

Yes less than £165
My c43 cost me £139 at mb.

Have just returned from the dealers after having an MOT and an 'A' service. I was quoted a total of £241 plus change. This was for the service ( my oil ) MOT and a loan car ( new E 250 )
Imagine my surprise when I saw the final total was-

£218 and change. :):)

I think the next one will be at an Indies. A plug change alone (24) would cost an arm and a leg. And as stated above £165 for a service is very good.

Consider kwik fit when that one is due, full service inc plugs but priced by engine capacity not number of cylinders/plugs.

Have just returned from the dealers after having an MOT and an 'A' service. I was quoted a total of £241 plus change. This was for the service ( my oil ) MOT and a loan car ( new E 250 )
Imagine my surprise when I saw the final total was-

£218 and change. :):)

I hate it when this happens - makes me wonder what they havn't done. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom