cost of bodywork repair to new GLC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grimson

Car
GLC
Hi Folks Merry Christmas,
20151227_124124_resized.jpg
Anyhow in an attempt to ruin my Xmas I managed to scratch my new GLC whilst reversing round the corner of the house epic :fail. Managed to dent the panel with the fuel cap on it and put deep gouges in the bumper panel and black wheel arch trim. Image attached hopefully.
Question is with a £500 insurance excess and all the years of misery that claiming on insurance brings (although I do have a protected no claims for what it's worth) can anyone shed any light on the likely cost of getiing this fixed at a merc approved bodyshop in Glasgow (likely Mitchell Inglis)?
Borst case it's 2 new panels and a wheel arch strip. best case it's a panel beating job for the dent and deep scratch repairs. Being a brand new car I can't get this done at a wee local place.
Everywhere's shut being Sunday and Xmas so I can't get a quote but need to decide quickly whether to notify insurance. Reckon if it costs up to £750 to fix I'll pay it myself.

Cheers,
grim

So sorry to hear of your Christmas misery Grim.

I'd be VERY surprised if £750 will cover the repair job if you want panels replaced.

However, it might cover a beating and filling repair. But not sure I'd want that on such a car. It might came back and bite you a few years down the line come part-ex time.

Good luck. Let us all know how you get on.

Ant.

respray / fill rear bumper and dentmaster to get dent in best possible position before slight fill and paint.

Sent from my iPhone

Have to agree, no way would anyone replace a panel because of that! It's a fairly normal job for a body shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recieved similar feedback from a car enthusiast I know although still unsure on the likely costs i,e pay the £500 insurance excess or pay £?? myself. Should be clearer tomorrow when a few of these places open.
thanks,
grim

The only new part needed is the black plastic. Rest is repair work only. This is a £3-400 job at a normal bodyshop... Go through your dealer and double or triple that.

Recieved similar feedback from a car enthusiast I know although still unsure on the likely costs i,e pay the £500 insurance excess or pay £?? myself. Should be clearer tomorrow when a few of these places open.
thanks,
grim

Use a local paint shop and I would avoid insurance on this if excess is high. Take the hit as you will only end up paying for it come renewal time.

As mentioned, plastic trim easily sourced from dealer, rest is repair job.

Sent from my iPhone

A good bodyshop shouldn't be more than your £500 excess so you might as well get it done yourself and save a 'claim'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom