Cost of having wings & arches x4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W140dreamliner

Car
Nothing Yet
On a S280 if I was looking at replacing the front wings and rear arches and a repaint on the areas what do reckon costing wise for something like this cost through a bodyshop 1k?

Hate to see w140s die

They are large areas to paint and blend in to - I suspect about £2k if done well using original MB stuff.

On a S280 if I was looking at replacing the front wings and rear arches and a repaint on the areas what do reckon costing wise for something like this cost through a bodyshop 1k?

Hate to see w140s die

Good used front wings are around £75 each, rear wings about £1000 each (i do happen to have some for £175 a piece) but labour will be at least £1500 for a half decent job

Depends where you are in the country and what sort of a job you are after. 1K is do-able, but it will just be a tidy-up to make it look presentable again with pattern front wings at £135 each. I doubt your rear arches are that far gone. Just make sure the repaired areas are well treated with your choice of rust inhibiting material of your choice. I've been down this route a few times over the years and they seem to last the 3-4 years or so before I get the desire for a change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom