Cost of parcel from Germany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dieselman

Banned
Car
Peugeot 403 Convertible
Does anyone have a good idea of the cost of sending something fairly heavy from Germany to the UK, or where to find the information?

I've seen something but it weighs 30Kg unboxed. It's made of metal so damage shouldn't be a problem and I'm not in any rush for it.

It depends on how quickly you want it sent, i.e next day or are you prepared to wait 3 to 4 days. Next day you can try UPS or DHL they normally carry out a next day delivery, but it costs 30kg is not a lot of weight, it depends on how it is packed. Carriers calculate volumetric weight to size ratio. Try TNT, they offer economy express which is about 4 days delivery. I use them quite often to send materials to Germany. 40kg costs about £170.00 + VAT. Incoming from Germany, there may not be any VAT on the transport, but there may be on the goods.

Thanks Chaps.
The seller has replied and says they can get it sent for 65 Euro but I'll ask him to make sure before committing.??
I don't really care how long it takes to get here within reason.

Well, for heavy stuff I've found the internet companies like http://www.parcel2go.com/ cheaper than my UPS account.
They where certainly cheaper for a 5kg parcel I sent to Germany
than Parcelforce.

adam

I bought a 2.3-16 head from a man in Frankfurt 7 days ago & it cost 40 Euros to ship here. Of course, it hasn't actually arrived yet but when it does I'll be able to tell you the name of the carrier!

I've had several problems with parcels coming from Germany by standard post, so I would go with one of the courier type companies recommended above.

Sorry,

Forgot to click the notification button & forgot about this. The shipper from Germany was www.gls-germany.com

5 days to me, no problems.

Forgot to click the notification button & forgot about this.

I regularly do a search on my userid, that lists all threads I've posted in ... just in case I've missed something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom