Cost of W202 keyfob

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markymark1

Car
Mercedes C230 1997
Hi rang MB for the cost of a key fob, single button flick out key and was told £150.00 plus vat is this right as have read on here that they were about £120. Why i ask is do MB dealers charege the same for parts or are they all the same have tried a few but the parts dept are always busy.
Regards Mark

Not sure if price has gone up but mine I ordered was £100 + VAT (at the time was 17.5%) so cost me £117.50. This was over a year ago now.

That seems a lot of difference in 12 months maybe parts prices vary, got way up the cost as the other dealers are 30m away so will have to go with documents and then pick up so about 120m trip for both journeys so about £25 for fuel will ring a few more dealers to see if prices vary.
regards Mark

Thats the price my MB dealer gave me too for a CLK W208, Approx £180 inc VAT

Just rang another dealer £149.57 plus vat thats hell of an increase in 12 months but what can you do when they have you by the short ones!
Regards Mark

These keyfobs have been the rip off of the century for some time now....they have been going up my astronomic amounts over the last few years.

If you ever buy another car and it doesn't come with two keys, be prepared to knock £200 off the price on purchase.

key fob runs out of codes???

Hi

I was told that these keys run out of codes after umpteen times and need replacement. Is that right? Sounds scarily expensive.

Mark. Is this to replace a broken key or to replace a lost key?

Dec

mark, what's wrong with your keyfob that you need a new one?

Need as spare as only one key and will use the new one as the main key and keep the old one as a spare.
regards mark

Keys are expensive .... and can only be got via the MB dealerships.

I lost mine and had to buy a new one albeit a bling one - only to find my wife had the other in her car.......:crazy:

Looks like from reading that the fob is coded to the vehicle somehow otherwise you could just buy one from ebay and re-sync ie press twice and turn on the ign and buy a new blade that can be got from a key cutter.
I know MB will not recode second hand keys but i would have thought that some clever person out ther would have cracked the recodingoof keys by now.
Regards Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom