Cost to fit an IPE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SeeSixty3

Hello

What would you estimate the cost to fit an IPE backbox and midpipes with the electronics and vacuum lines for a W204 C63?

Thanks

SS3

3-4 hours labour at max. Time consuming bit is the wires...

I figured it would be something like that.

Since posting this thread, I received a quote from MSL of £500+VAT just to fit the rear box. The mid pipe included would be more........

The chap on the phone did the great sell that they have fitted hundreds of them etc and I fully expected something like £200-£300......but was taken aback with the quoted figure.

He couldn't explain why it was so expensive - it equates to 9.1 Hours to fit an exhaust....given the rear box is the easy bit, I have done several cars where the exhaust rear boxes haven't needed any cutting.

I cant deny that the wiring needs time and effort to get right but come on!

What am I missing?:fail

I do want a quality outfit to do the work but it seems very very high!

I figured it would be something like that.

Since posting this thread, I received a quote from MSL of £500+VAT just to fit the rear box. The mid pipe included would be more........

The chap on the phone did the great sell that they have fitted hundreds of them etc and I fully expected something like £200-£300......but was taken aback with the quoted figure.

He couldn't explain why it was so expensive - it equates to 9.1 Hours to fit an exhaust....given the rear box is the easy bit, I have done several cars where the exhaust rear boxes haven't needed any cutting.

I cant deny that the wiring needs time and effort to get right but come on!

What am I missing?:fail

I do want a quality outfit to do the work but it seems very very high!

call me 07765 44 44 47

Acid

call me 07765 44 44 47

Acid

Sorry mate, it wasn't supposed to be a negative comment but on reflection it does sound like that!

I think I may be getting a telling off when I call in....:fail

I think I may be getting a telling off when I call in....:fail

You should be so lucky, I think you should expect a horses head in your bed :D

On a serious note, Acid is a top bloke and will explain all to you I am sure :thumb:

I purchased my full IPE of Acid supplied and fitted and have nothing but praise for the guy and MSL . Cheapest isn't the way to go with AMG as it will cost double in he end !

I have heard rumours about chicken dinners ,but have not yet had the honour of substaiitng them .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom