Costco Coming to Thurmaston, Leicester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merc Owner 2B

MB Enthusiast
Car
2012 ML250 Sport BlueTec
Just heard that we're having a COSTCO near to me in Leicester. I've heard they have some good motoring deals, in particulay, tyres. Should be open by the end of the year so looking forward to seeing what it's all about.

It's a great store, especially if you have a family. The quality of the items they sell is excellent and the prices are low (I would still recommend being aware of how much Tesco/Asda sell the branded stuff for). When the deals are on (voucher book) some prices are incredibly cheap. Car stuff is excellent as well. I'm a big fan!

Isn't it only for tradesmen, though?

That's their target audience but it's open to some members of the public aswell.

Individual Membership

You qualify for Individual membership if you belong to or are retired from specific employment groups.
The cost to become an Individual member is £25 +VAT per annum, and this includes a complimentary spouse/domestic partner card for someone over the age of 18.
Membership is available to individuals over the age of 18 years who meet one of the following requirements:

Qualified as:

Chartered Architect Optician Pharmacist
Chartered Surveyor Qualified Accountant Solicitor/Barrister
Dentist Magistrate/Advocate Chartered/Civil Engineer

Current or retired employee of:

Banking/Finance Civil Servant Education Fire/Rescue Insurance
Local Government Airline Post Office Police Force Medical/Health Service

For further information on professions and employment groups accepted at Costco, please contact the membership team on 01923 830 477.

Isn't it only for tradesmen, though?

No just about any private individual can join. If you're a local government employee, NHS, fire or police whether working or retired you can join for sure. You get a private membership which is £30 for the year in VAT and you can have two membership cards on the account. Private membership means that you can't go into store as early as trade memberships that's all.
We've got one here in Sheffield and as other posters have put the goods are really top quality but sometimes not as cheap as supermarkets, you've just got to be aware of the offers available at supermarkets at the time.

For tyres I got two Michelin 205/55/16 HP primacys fitted and balanced with new valves for £86 each inc VAT a few weeks ago. They only sell Michelin tyres and the prices are pretty keen.

We've just got back from Costco ... I bought the Mobil 1 for the SL's next dealer service there. The company I work for negotiated membership for employees - we still have to pay the annual fee though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom