Costco membership

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for the help guys,

I am correct in that they only supply michelins no continentals?

On the tyre front I prefer to use continentals.

I us e mobil 1 in the merc but I have 20 litre containers, I was looking for oil for my focus which only likes 5w30 and something for our MX5 which I not sure which to use yet.

Love Costco

Nothing is too much trouble, no quibble refunds.

Oils very good value, only Michelin tyres but competitively priced.

Agree about the food - £200 minimum!

The steaks are truly wonderful.

And the Lamb

And the pork

And the fish

And the cheese

... and the muffins, danish pastries, pizzas ........:thumb:

Birthday cakes are really popular too. I find they're a bit sickly but for some reason kids (and parents) love 'em!!

We always get the spare ribs!

The croissants and danish pastries are good, but the packs are pretty big and we've only got a small freezer.

but a lot of the electronics can be found cheaper by shopping round on the web (wouldn't know about the TVs though).

Aah, but did you know that Electrical Items purchased from Costco come with lifetime warranties......ie buy a fridge and if it packs up 10 years down the line, you can take it back and they will replace it.

My printer packed up last week...4 years old....took it back and they gave me a full refund, which enabled me to buy a new one there and then.

Birthday cakes are really popular too. I find they're a bit sickly but for some reason kids (and parents) love 'em!!

Agree the icing on those birthday cakes is a bit sickly, but you're right kids seem to love them!

The croissants and danish pastries are good, but the packs are pretty big and we've only got a small freezer.

The pain au chocolat come on a huge tray too. We have space in the freezer but it would be rude to do anything other than polish the lot off!!

We visit a very french patisserie in Dartmouth (Boulangerie, Patisserie & Chocolatier) and their's are wonderful - as is everything they make!! :rock:

A coffee shop in the village say they bake all they're own cakes - if they do, then they supply the carrot cake to Costco - unmistakeable with those piped carrots in dayglo icing on the top!! :D

Aah, but did you know that Electrical Items purchased from Costco come with lifetime warranties......ie buy a fridge and if it packs up 10 years down the line, you can take it back and they will replace it.

5 year warranty on electricals.

2 years on computers/laptops.

Well, well.......I wonder whether its changed???.....as I say they replaced my 4 year old printer no questions asked.

Drat! Just bought a new fridge/freezer, not from CostCo though. Mind you, the old one was 35 years old.

as I say they replaced my 4 year old printer no questions asked.

I think that maybe comes under the electricals category then.:)

The problem I have with Costco is their range of stuff can be a bit - let us say - eclectic.

My printer packed up last week...4 years old....took it back and they gave me a full refund, which enabled me to buy a new one there and then.

From memory , their returns policy does not require anything to 'pack in' - you can just return it because you're fed up with it and want a new one !!!!!!!

Applies to everything except computers .

I've never tried it though .

From memory , their returns policy does not require anything to 'pack in' - you can just return it because you're fed up with it and want a new one !!!!!!!

Applies to everything except computers .

Nearly correct. :)

From their website:
Costco's Double Guarantee

On Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund.Costco is first quality and guaranteed by a full refund from Costco and where available, is covered by the manufacturer's warranty. We will refund your annual membership fee at any time if you are not fully satisfied.

(Effective 7th May 2008 , Costco will accept returns within 90 days from the date of purchase for the following items: Televisions, Projectors, Computers, Cameras, Camcorders, iPod/MP3 players and Mobile phones. In addition Costco also extends the Manufacturers warranty to 5 years on Televisions and 2 years on Computers and Camcorders. All other products are subject to the remaining manufacturer's warranty.)

Before they tightened up my brother took a TV/DVD combo thing back that was four years old and the DVD had packed up. They gave him his money back no question and just threw the old unit into a trolley. You don't even need a receipt - they look it up on their system.

does anyone know when Costco do their tyres deals?

I need 265/35 19 Michelin Pilot Sport 2 N1 (x2)

Try my man, i don't know if it's to far Nr Woking. Always the cheapest 01276 856846 worth a phone call.

4 year replacement warranty...

If only they sold cars

They did in the states (they acted as brokers). IIRC it may have actually been Price Club which was then taken over / merged with / by Costco. I also recall that when Costco launched in the UK back in the late 1990's they had intended to do the same (as well as Tesco & Sainsburys) in the UK.

I believe that they were very aggresive on price as they had huge buying power.

I'm a chartered management accountant although I don't have my own practice. Can I still apply for Costco membership under the professional membership route?

Thanks

4 year replacement warranty...

If only they sold cars

They do!
I'm just back from Florida & they had a car sitting outside the front entrance with details of how to buy it at a discount from the nearest dealership.

They also sold Universal Theme Park tickets, unlimited access to both Universal parks for 3 months for only $89, if you have bought tickets like this in the UK then you will know how good a deal this is!

If you have a UK membership, it also covers the US stores too.

Russ

Yep, been buying Mobil-1 at Costco, very good price.

Decent choice of other motoroil brands, too (Castrol, Cheveron).

Tyres - very limited choice, only Michelin and usually only one model in your size. Prices are good, but if you buy tyres on the Internet you can match or better Costco prices AND choose the tyre you want.

BTW - they fill up tyres with Nitrogen as standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom