Costco Oil (Chevron 5W30)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
I seem to remember costco doing a 20l drum of Chevron oil (5w30) for next-to-nothing (£30 or so + vat).

Has anyone been recently - do they still sell this? Does anyone remember if it was fully synthetic or part? (need to do 2 oil changes, and both cars want 7-8 litres of 5w30 fully synth... so a 20l drum is my best bet!)

M.

Saw this a few weeks ago - I didn't pay attention to the details of it though, but they definitely sell the large blue drums.

I seem to remember costco doing a 20l drum of Chevron oil (5w30) for next-to-nothing (£30 or so + vat).

Has anyone been recently - do they still sell this? Does anyone remember if it was fully synthetic or part? (need to do 2 oil changes, and both cars want 7-8 litres of 5w30 fully synth... so a 20l drum is my best bet!)

M.

I used to buy the Chevron 10W/40 - back in 2000 it was £20 plus VAT a drum! They were all Semi.

They definitely do have it still, I bought some diesel sludge for the old crocks a few weeks ago.

It's good stuff, it is the exact same as you would find in any more fancily packaged container and super value, although I am bias as I work for chevron :thumb: I bought it from Costco too

I'm very tempted at that price - can anyone tell me if it is low ash?

The cheap stuff isn't low ash, they sell mobil 1 low ash for £25 per 5 litres.

If it's going in a banger for a 3-day rally - I don't care if it's pure ash :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom