Costco Tyres Bargain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

manpolsabre

Car
1992 300D
If any of you chaps are looking for new Michelins try Costco.

I'm taking my 300D in tomorrow and Michelin Energy 195/65/15 are just short of £60 each fitted.

P.S. I dont think all Costco's have a tyre service bay, but they do at Trafford Park Manchester.

Bob

76 Citreon 2CV
92 300D

Yep tyre bay here in Liverpool too.
My Dad went for 2 new front tyres from Cost-Co, They insisted swopping his wheels around so that the 2 new tyres go on the rear, even though his current rear ones had hardly any wear on them.
I think they said its law now, but I've not known anywhere else do this, I know people bought tyres recently from other places and not been told this.

Indeed Haydock Costco has a Tyre bay....the store is bigger than the Liverpool one, Aletank...and easier to park (not as congested)

I do not think you can beat Costco price on any product have you noticed the magnate (sp?) oil at £14...........stealership £28

Joe

Hi Bob welcome back, Holiday ok? Thanks for the tip, need two front tyres. May just nip down to Haydock and look see.

Just been to Costco last night to get 4 Michelin 205/65/15's.
£300 all in.
One of my local tyre dealers wanted £100 each and the other didn't even pick up the phone.
I went to the Chingford branch as it is nearest to me.

COSTCO TYRES

Only problem with Costco is that you need to be a member and it costs about £30 per year. But I've found its worth joining for the other discounts on other products.

If you want to use a friends Costco card he will have to go with you because the membership card has your photo on it

Bob

On the subject of Costco bargains in the car dept, I buy, A 5 litre Wonder Wheels for £9 inc VAT - Its about £6 for a litre or maybe 500ml in the motor shops.
Also the Siminzes(Hows That Smelt):( Wash & Wax Car Wash about £3 for 5 Litres.
Both products = Superb Value

Originally posted by Aletank
On the subject of Costco bargains in the car dept, I buy, A 5 litre Wonder Wheels for £9 inc VAT - Its about £6 for a litre or maybe 500ml in the motor shops.
Also the Siminzes(Hows That Smelt):( Wash & Wax Car Wash about £3 for 5 Litres.
Both products = Superb Value

I purchased both of those last week!

Also good for cleaning cloths and dusters for the car.

And they have a very good price for the Garmin SatNav unit.

Originally posted by manpolsabre
If any of you chaps are looking for new Michelins try Costco.

I'm taking my 300D in tomorrow and Michelin Energy 195/65/15 are just short of £60 each fitted.

92 300D

We just got 235/45/17 Y Michelin pilot premacy from costco for £100 a tyre fitted :eek:

Holy smokes :O

think they said its law now, but I've not known anywhere else do this, I know people bought tyres recently from other places and not been told this.

Had two of my tyres replaced recently at Stealership and they insisted on putting them on the front.

The tyres were cheap, but they charged me an extra £26 for the privilage of having them fitted on the wrong end of the car.:mad:

Re: COSTCO TYRES

Originally posted by manpolsabre

If you want to use a friends Costco card he will have to go with you because the membership card has your photo on it

Bob

That must get mighty confusing!

I had a new set of Michelin Premacy from Costco about six months ago. £450 all in including swapping the spare. Best price from elsewhere for the same tyres was £520+.

A work collegue did actually beat Cosco price but had to try hard. Also they have tyre offers on on October.

Re Costco
There is another £35.00 off a set of 4 Michelin Tyres until 19th October (with the passport voucher):bannana:

Joe

Originally posted by joe
Re Costco
There is another £35.00 off a set of 4 Michelin Tyres until 19th October (with the passport voucher):bannana:

Joe

40 inc vat ;)

How do i become a member

Is it true i have to have a registered business to become a member ????
is there anyway i can join if i do not have a business???
could anyone who knows please e mail and let me no when you have time

Waheed_Latif @hotmail.com

many thanks

costco sounds a god place for car products which i spend a fortune on for my car and sisters

Is it true i have to have a registered business to become a member ????
is there anyway i can join if i do not have a business???

You can join as a personal member, basically if you are a "professional" person. I found this list posted on another site, which I think is about right:

"You are eligible for individual membership if you are employed in or retired from:

Banking/finance
Civil servant
Education
Fire/rescue
Insurance
Local government
Medical
Police
Solicitor or barrister

or you are qualified as:

Chartered architect/engineer/surveyor
Dentist
Media - press card holder
Optician
Pharmacist
Qualified accountant"

I know that when the one near me opened, Costco went around various large local companies and invited people who worked for them to join, so if you work for a large, well known, firm then that might work too.

Last edited:
Is costco part of the current michelin fuel cashback offer of £40?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom