Could be tempted back - E220CDI BE Sport Ed 125 Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterg1965

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 Audi Q7, 2018 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Porsche 718 Boxster S
It's been a while since I owned a Merc and been a while since I posted on here, the GL320CDI was returned at the end of the contract in March last year and I sold my CLK55 to Will over two years ago!

I could be tempted back by the E220CDI Blue Efficiency Sport Edition 125 Auto. I have enquired about a personal lease deal on one of these, it is £348/month 6+23, this includes VAT and the RFL for the two years. The only option is metallic, but they are well specced anyway (the APS50 rather than COMAND) and excellent economy/performance figures (for me anyway). So, its £10K over two years, on a £38K list car, which appears to be far, far cheaper than an outright purchase or PCP type deal.

Does anyone have one of these and care to comment what they think of the car?

^ I was almost tempted with a C250Cdi sport edition 125 estate on leace something like £280.

No wonder I see so so many C classes out there. Funny enough not many E's at all and hardly any estates?

:thumb: Good to be back!

I told a porky, the car quoted is actually an E250CDI not the E220. Not much difference but I think the 250 has the same engine and pushes out about 30 odd more horses. Same ecomony figures though.

There are some incredibly cheap personal deals out there at the moment - an E220 Estate for £330/month! My only dilemma would be that I have to sell my 120d MSport first.

Even better deal on e250 cdi sport edition 125 inc auto £299 plus vat...

Hi Peter. Review of my c250cdi coupe coming soon. Done 2000 miles in 3 weeks!

:thumb: Good to be back!

I told a porky, the car quoted is actually an E250CDI not the E220. Not much difference but I think the 250 has the same engine and pushes out about 30 odd more horses. Same ecomony figures though.

There are some incredibly cheap personal deals out there at the moment - an E220 Estate for £330/month! My only dilemma would be that I have to sell my 120d MSport first.
The 250cdi is an awesome engine. The smooth delivery of what feels like 3 litre power is a joy to drive. Even the 220cdi offers pretty goood all round performance in normal use.

My only query would be the Sport version which as many car mag reviews have noted has a less pleasant ride than the Avantgarde and the larger wheels/lower profile tyres make a lot of road noise at motorway cruising speeds. I drove both and thought AG much the nicer. Worth trying both.

The sports seats do not suit all either.

I've got the E350CDI Sport Coupe and think it is a great car.

Coming from an Audi A5 I would say the ride is fine, much better than Audi/BMW, mine is on 18" wheels so not sure how much impact the optional 19" would have.

Also the sports seats are great and the ability to adjust the bolsters means you can get them absolutely spot on.

I would personally try and find one with Comand as I think it finishes the car off but either way sounds a cracking deal...

I've driven a 212 and can vouch that they are excellent. The 220cdi was ok and with the two turbo set up took off straight away with very little revs

FWIW I'm with Hawk20 on the Avantgarde vs Sport question - and I put my money where my mouth is too!

IMO the E350CDI Avantgarde is the sweet spot in the range, but the 250CDI is very capable and more economical for less money. You do lose Direct Steering if you go for the 4-pot Avantgarde though, although you gain standard leather and the opportunity to pick a less oppressive interior colour than you get with the Sport.

You not got the Porker anymore Peter?

Greg, Porker went last May, I did 6 months with it and, although I loved it, I got cold feet regarding depreciation and running costs. I sold it back to an OPC, and looking at prices of 997s now, I am glad I did and I got a reasonable price for it then. I will definitely have another Porsche in the future, time isn't right now though. I bought a BMW 120d 3dr M Sport as a short term replacement.

Thanks all for comments on the E Class coupe, I have driven a E350 CDI when they first came out, and I have driven a facelift C250CDI in the saloon. I love the shape and look of the E Class Coupe in Sport guise, I just need to sell my 120d sharpish to get a good lease package on the E.

Hi, I have now had my E250 coupe sport 125 edition auto for one month exactly. I plan to put pics and a decent review but not had a chance yet. I have now done 1000 miles and I love the car. There are a few things I need to look into but it is an all round great car. If you have any questions feel free to fire away. Correct me if I wrong but I am sure there is no Avantgarde spec on the coupe, just SE and Sport. The spec on the sport makes it a no brainer as far as I am concerned. I would agree about looking for one specced with Comand, mine has Nav 50 and it is ok but there are better systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom