could have been nasty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bet he had some brown leathers

Blimey. Closing speed was emense. :eek:

Closing speed is probably the number one killer of bikers on the highway.

I am assuming that any biker speeding across a lane of (relatively) slow moving traffic is well aware that if a car does step out into the outer lane they are dead.

Presumably bikers do this for the Adrenalin rush and think this is a risk worth taking.

Closing speed is probably the number one killer of bikers on the highway.

I am assuming that any biker speeding across a lane of (relatively) slow moving traffic is well aware that if a car does step out into the outer lane they are dead.

Presumably bikers do this for the Adrenalin rush and think this is a risk worth taking.

However, braking capability of a bike compared to a 1500kg+ car surely has a better chance?

if that happened to me i would exit the AB, gladly sell my bike and never sit on one again.
but he's like "dozy pr4t!" and is right at it again. :eek:

p.s. long live rear mirrors and people who actually use 'em. :wallbash:
p.p.s. i know it's hard to spot an incoming bike that's doing 150 mph

However, braking capability of a bike compared to a 1500kg+ car surely has a better chance?

Cars can stop far sooner than bikes. Cars might weight much more, but they've far more rubber on the road, more wheels with brakes on them and more weight forcing that rubber into the tarmac. The limit of bikes is that even with the rider leaning as low as possible, at some point it'll want to do a "stoppie" and lift up on the front wheel.

This footage is immensely impressive for the bike, but the car wasn't braking, and didn't.

Did you see this on Fifth Gear?
https://youtu.be/xckqNulY10o?t=3m32s

But some other tests do show bikes out-braking cars e.g.

[YOUTUBE HD]loaJVp4ARZA[/YOUTUBE HD]

I suspect it depends on the car, the bike, and the tyres that each are using!

I find it hard to put much creedence in that video given the blatant massaging. In the final event there's biblical sandbagging from the bike at the start to try and stop the finishing gap looking like a total massacre.

However, a car should be able to stop shorter than a bike when there is a "average" person at the controls, because there's less requirements on the skill of the operator

Yes, very well written post Doodle, and BTB 500 I agree, some bikes can outbreak some cars, but generally, I'd rather be in a car if extreme speed shedding is required.

Wow. That was close :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom