Coupe Wind Noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
Is it just me or do all the pillarless coupe's suffer more than normal from wind noise between the front and rear windows??

Mine seems OK, but I do notice the tire noise in the rain from the rear wheels (quite loud, sounds as if i have a rear window open), and also wind noise sometimes at the start of the front windows. Other than that it's pretty quite

Sp!ke,

I think that once you've done some basic alignment and "buisiness card trapped by the seal" type checks, you've gone as far as you can go on the coupe.

You need to check that the seal is clamping the glass for its whole length, even a couple of mm of no-contact will allow surprising amounts of noise through.

Having done all that, you may have to live with what's left, after all, the beautiful V12 Jag Coupe was canned in the mid seventies arter a very short time in production because William Lyons didn't like the amounnt of wind noise and Jag engineers couldn't improve it...........

Turn up the stereo a bit. :)

Alignments all fine...My wind noise isn't drastic but certainly not as quiet as on the saloon model.

Is it the same on yours?

spike

do your doors close easily, if not, door alignment is out which will cause more noise because windows are not sealing properly
i have same problem (1995 e220 coupe) but my alignment is out must get round to getting it done its very annoying on motorway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom