Coupes and Cabs in Ireland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phoenix_nights

Car
94 E200 T
Have a look at this List of W124 coupes and cabs in ireland.

What looks like a good coupe buy? I included the cabs as you can see they have a '94 cab with only 35,000 on the clock. Think i saw this before. Must be a UK import.

Probably better to import a coupe myself as prices seem high ?

phoenix_nights said:
Must be a UK import.

Its still on yellow reg's, so deffo an import.

VRT @ 30% of the OMSP according to the revenue will make any import expesive by the time its registered here, take my 96 estate, Stg £720 to buy it but €1,642 to our government to get Irish plates :mad:

Take for example the cheapest one there, the seller says its €1500 to VRT, on the revenue website they say:

VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX (VRT) ENQUIRY DATE: 08 June 2006 TIME: 11:54 STATISTICAL CODE: 40187446 MAKE: MERCEDES-BENZ MODEL: 220 VERSION: CE 02DR A / SPORTS COUPE (NON-CONVERTIBLE) / AUTOMATIC / PETROL ONLY / MILEAGE: 137000 MILES The information requested in respect of the vehicle shown is indicated below. DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION(MM/YY): MAY 1994 OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE:
(applicable on enquiry date) €8733 RATE OF TAX: 30.0% VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
(payable on enquiry date)
€2619

GSBellew said:
Its still on yellow reg's, so deffo an import.

VRT @ 30% of the OMSP according to the revenue will make any import expesive by the time its registered here, take my 96 estate, Stg £720 to buy it but €1,642 to our government to get Irish plates :mad:

So you got urs for €3000 if you include transport etc. Not bad for a '96 even if it is a manual;)

Yeah those vrt rates seems at odds. The silver one in waterford is nice but its been on the market for a while now. Its missing leather which is probably why it has not sold but silver is a great colour for a coupe.

phoenix_nights said:
So you got urs for €3000 if you include transport etc. Not bad for a '96 even if it is a manual;)
I have this 200E just sitting at home with all the parts to do an auto conversion if I so wish anyway :p

IMAG0128.JPG

Its an original Irish car, but sadly terminally rusty.

I prefer the manual as it is though, it seems to be much more efficient than my dads 89 200TE, unless thats to do with mine being 16v as opposed to 8v?

Sorry for taking the thread off topic :(

GSBellew said:
I have this 200E just sitting at home with all the parts to do an auto conversion if I so wish anyway :p

Its an original Irish car, but sadly terminally rusty.

I prefer the manual as it is though, it seems to be much more efficient than my dads 89 200TE, unless thats to do with mine being 16v as opposed to 8v?

Sorry for taking the thread off topic :(

Not really a petrol head but i figure the 16v has better performance. I find mine is sufficient but with petrol at the price these days i drive , i read this here somewhere, like a vicar with slippers on. The auto really makes for relaxed driving coupled with the high driving position and centre arm rest.

Hey so thats ur polo i see in your sig. Nice. Am into 'pickups' but not sure if your polo would count. Very rare to find 'pickups' in ireland. Saw an old toyota hilux pickup yesterday which i'd love to own.

Going really off thread.....

Nearly bought one of these when i was in OZ.

hero_xr6.jpg

phoenix_nights said:
Not really a petrol head but i figure the 16v has better performance. I find mine is sufficient but with petrol at the price these days i drive , i read this here somewhere, like a vicar with slippers on. The auto really makes for relaxed driving coupled with the high driving position and centre arm rest.

Hey so thats ur polo i see in your sig. Nice. Am into 'pickups' but not sure if your polo would count. Very rare to find 'pickups' in ireland. Saw an old toyota hilux pickup yesterday which i'd love to own.

Going really off thread.....

Nearly bought one of these when i was in OZ.

hero_xr6.jpg

The 16v is more powerfull alright, but more power means it does not have to work as hard to get there in my experience, so it uses less petrol.

The polo in my signature is this one:

dscf5524.jpg

Supercharged 1.3 developing 140bhp at the minute :cool:

The pickup is my Mk1 Golf based caddy pickup, 1.8 8v GTI engined, bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing ;)

IMAG0125.JPG

As you can see I have a bit of a problem when it comes to collecting cars, cant help myself :D

GSBellew said:
Supercharged 1.3 developing 140bhp at the minute :cool:

The pickup is my Mk1 Golf based caddy pickup, 1.8 8v GTI engined, bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing ;)

ya mad bas*ard. 140 from a 1.3. Mate that sounds sweet. Also those 8v GTI engines are legendary and you put it into a caddy. Sweet.

What are you doing with a panzerwagon ?

phoenix_nights said:
What are you doing with a panzerwagon ?

LoL, sure it has to be done, the Polo is great fun to drive, the caddy is interesting, fun off the lights but not the best for corners due to its leaf sprung suspension at the back.

I bought the panzerwagon cause I have always been fond of the W124 series and the T series in particular, I needed a good reliable family car and it seemed to fit the bill better than anything else I could think off, we deal with Mercs in work too, so I can get parts direct from MDL and I have star diagnostics and WIS there so maintaining a Merc is actually cheaper for me than other cars.

Hello- can you check the VRT rate online? If so, could you kindly give me address please? The reason I ask is I recently saw a R129 SL (95 reg) at megabucks for sale at a dealer in Dublin and I reckoned VRT could not add up to the asking price on an imported one.

l5foye said:
Hello- can you check the VRT rate online? If so, could you kindly give me address please? The reason I ask is I recently saw a R129 SL (95 reg) at megabucks for sale at a dealer in Dublin and I reckoned VRT could not add up to the asking price on an imported one.

You can indeed, its on www.revenue.ie on the online services section

Here is the direct link to the VRT catculator https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/ShowVRT

Quotes are valid for 24 hours.

vrt

Is it true that if you purchase any vehicle new/second hand in the UK and then keep it there for 6 months you can import it back to Ireland and be vrt exempt. Has any one any experience of this...?
Thanks

Margaret
Welcome to the forum.
My understanding is that the fact you owned the car for 6 months in the UK is irrelevant as far as VRT is concerned. The VRT will be charged on the market value at the time you bring it into Ireland. Think of the wonderful scams that could be worked if your 'idea' was correct. ( I 'sell' you a car now and you collect it 6 months later, presto, no VRT..... I do not think so.)

vrt

I have been checking it out. According to the various websites if you are non resident in the ROI for 6 months or more and can prove that you were working and living in that country where you purchased the vehicle be it new or second hand ie garage bill, bank statements, rent agreements, letter from employer etc then you are vrt exempt. There are various forms to be filled in etc. I was wondering if anyone had done this and if it worked out ok for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom