Couple of MERCEDES E220 CABRIOLETS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Azurite one looks like a peach. Body work looks in fantastic condition.

I agree Bill - looks in pretty good nick considering the mileage - up to £2.5k already.

what u rekon 5k reserve?

...the petrol icon looks odd...

and i would love to be somewhere right now where its 29 degrees!

$(KGrHqR,!l4E87y3-05ZBPgFmV0vIw~~60_12.JPG

Last edited:
I reckon around that mark - the mileage may put some people off, although it wouldn't bother me at all as long as you can see it's been looked after.

Odd alloys on the green one (ie different ft and rear)

ive just bought my 94 e320 convertible and id been looking for 3 years for the right one, needed to have twin electric seats, azurite blue or blue/black & mushroom leather & be the facelifted models & 3.2

and i found about 3 that fitted the bill so when i saw the one i bought i agreed to buy it after talking to the bloke for 2 hours on the phone as he loved his car and i got £20,000+ worth of bills he spent with it

i love the azurite blue one, like you say ignore mileage if history is ok

for me the w124 convertible is second only to an aston martin v8 convertible but i dont have £30k for one

for me the w124 convertible is second only to an aston martin v8 convertible but i dont have £30k for one

Not really comparable as the W124 Cabriolet is a comfortable 4 seater convertible and in that case its only real contemporary rival is a Bentley Azure, which was quarter of million quid new... and are still £50k worth, for one as old as a W124... But I know what your saying, they are cars with impeccable class and presence.....

Not really comparable as the W124 Cabriolet is a comfortable 4 seater convertible and in that case its only real contemporary rival is a Bentley Azure, which was quarter of million quid new... and are still £50k worth, for one as old as a W124... But I know what your saying, they are cars with impeccable class and presence.....

In the context of comfortable 4 seater convertible one could also mention Saab 900/9-3 Convertible? although indeed Merc is more "Azure-ish"

"Everyone knows that Mercedes built before 1998 were built to last."

Is this true guys? And why is that?
Does it mean I got ****ed with my 1999 CLK? Was I one year too late? Would a 1998 be a better car than mine??

It is largely true. They were certainly much better built than the later ones. Just look how many are still running and used as daily drivers. Relatively few of other makes are still in daily use at 15-20 years old. I think 95/96 would have been the cut off - around when the 124 became the 210.
The main problem on the 208 CLK was rust. Mechanically they are strong so if you have a rust free one then no problem

"Everyone knows that Mercedes built before 1998 were built to last."

Is this true guys? And why is that?
Does it mean I got ****ed with my 1999 CLK? Was I one year too late? Would a 1998 be a better car than mine??

there are a few ways to look at answering this

1 - my mates 2001 CLK 430 V8 Convertible is stunning yet only worth £4,000 ish, what w124 convertible can you get for that? let alone one with all the toys like his

2 - reliability, my w124's never go wrong and his and brians regularly need stuff doing (still nothing compared to other cars of similar ages which always go wrong)

ill stop there as both are debatable

but for me i dont really like new mercs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom