Couple of Questions Regarding ICE on W202.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnnyW202

Car
2004 Mercedes E270CDI Elegance Saloon, 2004 C200 Kompressor Estate Avantgarde SE Sport Pack
I've just purchased a 86k W202 C200 Classic Auto Facelift in Azzurite Blue, for a song. Although it needs some work I'm happy with my purchase.

So Standard sound system...

8 Speakers? All paper cones, sound rather loud, yet distorted.

I was wondering if you could answer me a few questions.

Firstly before this W202,I had an Avensis, not known for good sound but in the end I made the system into my own. However this car had double din and I have a very nice Clarion Headunit BT, USB, Aux in and all that Jazz, how easy is it to convert my dash to double din? I've seen it done on the sport, but I'm a bit dubious of cutting up my wood!

Secondly I have a set of components, actually quite good for budget speakers, calibre cs6d's, which I'll be putting in the front doors and modifying the plastic baskets according, just one question, I usually cut and amp up the back of the wiring at the headunit, although I've just got plenty of good quality OFC speaker cable, so it might be worth running from the boot into the doors and putting the cross over in the kick panel. The question here is with the factory system is there passive/active crossover in the front for the dash tweeters and woofer?

And the third question is, I don't want to mess around with Subs not again, they take up too much room particularly the 15'' Kicker I had in my Avensis... I understand the standard speakers are 6.5'' in the rear shelf not 6x9s I don't really want to cut metal or the shelf, I want it as OEM as possible, apart from the headunit obviously. 60mm throw XXX 300w Sub Bass 6.5" woofer speaker driver | eBay UK Would these be ideal for replacing the existing speakers, I know they're deep but hopefully they'll sit into the boot and get alot of air behind them, alot like a free air sub, amped with a decent output amp, do you think they'd provide good low end bass?

Many Thanks, look forward to a little insight :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom