Courier service advise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercedesDriver

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Jaguar XF Sportbrake 25t X260; Mini Cooper R50
Guys I'm planning to buy some alloy wheels from Germany.
Can you please suggest some courier service which would collect from German seller and deliver to UK.
Thanks.

Hi 'MercedesDriver', I have dealt with UPS for a number of years worldwide and although not the cheapest they have proved to be pretty good.
I generally believe they are all as good/bad as each other, just depends on personal experiences.

Matt :thumb:

I have used TNT International before, they were very good but quite expensive.

Will the seller not ship to UK? This way the shipment is their responsibility (i.e. in case of any issues e.g. loss or damage it is then their problem to sort it out with the courier).

Thank you all. I'll check with all you suggested and if I close the deal will write my findings.

+1 for Interparcel (number 4 in neilrr's post above) - I've used them for over 10 years now - not a single problem, and very competitive prices, certainly cheaper than going direct to DHL/UPS/FedEx/TNT et al.

Well, I've checked all suggetions and Best price I can get is from interparcel, Fedex service, for 4 packages 50x50x25cm 9kg each, total is £85. Now it comes to a seller and his willingness to pack. So far no reply from him. :(

A good way to deal with German sellers who won't export is to use a German delivery address with forwarding to the UK.

I've started doing it quite recently. They will combine a number of small packages into one & ship direct to me via UPS. Germany to UK is costing £10 / parcel on average and there's no setup cost

Have a look at Mail & Package Forwarding from Germany, Europe | Mailboxde.com

If you're buying via eBay from Germany you'll find a lot of vendors won't use Paypal. If you want to pay by bank transfer, make sure to Checkout on ebay.de not eBay.co.uk otherwise you don't get buyer protection

Nick Froome

A good way to deal with German sellers who won't export is to use a German delivery address with forwarding to the UK.

I've started doing it quite recently. They will combine a number of small packages into one & ship direct to me via UPS. Germany to UK is costing £10 / parcel on average and there's no setup cost

Have a look at Mail & Package Forwarding from Germany, Europe | Mailboxde.com

If you're buying via eBay from Germany you'll find a lot of vendors won't use Paypal. If you want to pay by bank transfer, make sure to Checkout on ebay.de not eBay.co.uk otherwise you don't get buyer protection

Nick Froome

Nick thanks, have checked it, registered and it looks like easy straightforward service. Even the shipping costs are decent, cheaper than I was qouted by interparcel.
Have changed my delivery address on eBay and voila german parts became available for purchase.
The only concern I have is their, for me, unknown reliability.
What's your experience with them? Anything I should pay special attention to?

I have used directcouriersolutions in the past and have had no problems at all I paid 120£ for a 3-4 day service.

I used DCS a lot till they refused my (only) insurance claim. They (like Parcel2Go) self-insure and you appear to be bound by their T&Cs rather than the courier's. Companies like DCS and Parcel2Go are really aggregators - they don't ship anything

I've had an account with Mailboxde for a couple of months now and they have been fine - pretty organised. Their default courier is UPS which is no bad thing really

The courier market is a minefield. If you get packages from Germany sent by DHL, they are delivered in the UK by Parcelforce, even though DHL UK is part of the same company. At least with UPS I assume the packages don't leave their system

Whoever you choose, you'll have a bad experience sooner or later. Just make sure the packages are insured if they're high value

Nick Froome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom