Courier services?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.
Does anyone know if there is a service they know of or can recommend a courier to collect some parts from a MB dealership to deliver at my home. The dealership have told me they can only ship the parts to a garage not a private address. I want to undertake the work myself so I don't really want the parts delivered to a garage. The dealership is also quite far away from my location.

Apparently they can't send the parts to a more local dealership to me because of the current covid situation. The thing that puzzles me is one of the parts is being shipped to the dealership that I ordered the parts from originally.

Hermes used to offer "door to door" courier services, might be worth a trip to their website.

Hermes used to offer "door to door" courier services, might be worth a trip to their website.
Much appreciated Yex, thank you for the advice 👍

Can you not just use the normal couriers, Yodel, Hermes, Paisley Freight etc? Or is this something MB wouldn't allow? Within the last week I used the service of Paisley Freight to collect a ML W166 dog guard (so a pretty big item) from my home address in the NE and deliver it to a chap in Derbyshire the day after.
Couldn't fault the service.

Order it from MB Newcastle or Edinburgh (or Southend I think). They have ebay shops and will ship to private addresses. Usually cheaper too.

Where from and to? Members have been helped by other members before now (although may be different at the moment given the situation!)

Hermes have lost a lot of ground for reliability this year, especially for lost parcels.
Should you be that unfortunate I would strongly advise using Resolver to get your money back !
NEVER EVER use Hermes, they lost a package I sent a couple of months ago. Their customer service is useless. Use DPD instead, they have a collection service.

I know a reliable man with a van..

But he’s fitted a M156 engine to his van...

I know a reliable man with a van..

But he’s fitted a M156 engine to his van...
And you mum was in the back constantly pulling her dirty draws down 😉 she was the busiest girl around town😉

And you mum was in the back constantly pulling her dirty draws down 😉 she was the busiest girl around town😉

oh so it was you who gave her the STD ! She was surprised you managed that in 10 seconds.

NEVER EVER use Hermes, they lost a package I sent a couple of months ago. Their customer service is useless. Use DPD instead, they have a collection service.
Agree - there must be some good Hermes carriers but where I live they are terrible.

Why, because that is there method of distribution.

Once the parts arrive to the dealership I have purchased other parts, I might ask if they can forward the parts on to a closer located branch. I know the answer to this already I imagine.

Ive asked the question like, can you deliver the parts to my home address. "No only to a garage" I ask why, " because thats our policy".

Hermes are very bad. I would never use them again if I have the choice. I sold and sent an item a couple of years back. Value was £120 and fully insured. Item arrived and was tracked. Few days later, buyer claims no item and no card thought he door. I contact Hermes who claim they have GPS tracking to the door but no signature but its definitely delivered. Buyer still claims no parcel. I chase with Hermes who then state they cannot be sure it was delivered. When I question their previous comment about GPS tracking, they go back on what they said. All of a sudden, they cannot say whether it was delivered and deemed it to be lost! I claimed off their insurance and all parties were happy (except them lol). Bunch of lying cowboys

We don't trust Hermes, Mrs Dave has bought items from QVC which have been delivered by Hermes, & boxes have either been trodden on, opened or looked as if they had been used as a football 👎👎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom