Courier services?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hermes are very bad. I would never use them again if I have the choice. I sold and sent an item a couple of years back. Value was £120 and fully insured. Item arrived and was tracked. Few days later, buyer claims no item and no card thought he door. I contact Hermes who claim they have GPS tracking to the door but no signature but its definitely delivered. Buyer still claims no parcel. I chase with Hermes who then state they cannot be sure it was delivered. When I question their previous comment about GPS tracking, they go back on what they said. All of a sudden, they cannot say whether it was delivered and deemed it to be lost! I claimed off their insurance and all parties were happy (except them lol). Bunch of lying cowboys
It wasn't a 124 door mirror, was it Bob?! I've had two deliveries where Hermes have left an item outside the main entrance to a block of flats where parking is difficult. Didn't even bother buzzing the intercom! Neither parcel was received by me.

Last time I sent anything, I used Parcel2go.com. Car parts to America, which they collected and delivered successfully via DHL, I think.

I must have sent nearly 100 parcels via Hermes and only 1 was lost. Everything else arrived with no issues or damage. I was reimbursed for the lost one within a week. I can’t complain tbh.

Also positive experiences sending with DPD, UPS, APC (via Paisley freight) and Tuffnels (via interparcel) for large items.

It wasn't a 124 door mirror, was it Bob?! I've had two deliveries where Hermes have left an item outside the main entrance to a block of flats where parking is difficult. Didn't even bother buzzing the intercom! Neither parcel was received by me.

Last time I sent anything, I used Parcel2go.com. Car parts to America, which they collected and delivered successfully via DHL, I think.
Hi Mike, not it wasn't car parts. It was a brand new DeWalt multi tool. I'm still not sure if the buyer tried his luck due to Hermes' incompetence (no card through door and no signature) but that's their problem. There was a documentary on a Hermes employee showing how they were paid (peanuts) per drop and so they try to 'deliver' as many as possible.

Parts all received safe and sound.

Just received a box from Aldi via Hermes that should have had 1 x set of Wheel Trims and 4 x Torque Wrenches.

No sign of the Torque Wrenches and check the box out.

20210122_123540.jpg

Aldi been good though.

I asked if they were in the habit of using Hermes packing tape when packing and they said no.
Sent pictures while on the phone with Customer Service and gave them the reference to allow them to view.

They have processed a new Zero cost order for replacements.

Only problem is it will again be Hermes that either delivers these or "loses" them again.

Good morning Mr Spammer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom