Courier with a 30kg+ limit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martyp87

Car
W166 GLE350d
Can anyone recommend a good courier who also offers a collection service and a weight limit beyond 30kg?

ParcelForce IIRC stop at 25kg.

I purchased two speakers last year which weigh in at 13kg each and I'm looking to eBay them as they are way too big for my office and I a head-fi guy anyway.

I'd like to say the box will be 35kg to allow for packaging etc.

I though myhermes would be a good one but they stop at 15kg?

Thanks in advance.

I'll have a little google for reviews on them, thanks Mark.

If anyone has used them or another service, please let me know. Don't want to go with someone like Yodel! lol

Two seperate parcels?

Not really an option, I have the box my monitor came in which will fit both speakers and enough packaging. I never kept the original boxes for the speakers so need to go with one big heavy box unfortunately - the monitor weighs 20+kg (Yes, it is an LCD!) so I know the box can withstand the load too.

We would use Interparcel for stuff like this. Cheap standard pricing using UPS is up to 31.5kg I think. Bit more for heavier but they measure on total WxDxH length.

For bulky items I use APC overnight.

Two seperate parcels?

One heavy parcel will possibly need 2 men to lift - that's why most firms have a weight limit unless the item is palletised.

Most probably it will be cheaper to send 2 parcels.

Do Interparcel / APC collect from an address? Checked their websites but can't find out for sure...

The box I'm using won't even fit in an ML.

Have a look at Transglobal online

Yup Interparcel collect from any address we have ever asked them to.

Awesome, Transglobal and Interparcel can bid against each other and I'll go with the cheapest one.

At least I know I can put them up for sale on eBay now, local collection would severely limit my chances.

Thanks for the input guys, greatly appreciated. :thumb:

Use these guys

http://www.myparceldelivery.com

2014 I sold countless tall patio heaters (pyramid shape) and they were tall and heavy, found that site and worked with them to send all of them

If you're not sure which heaters I'm on about for size, you'll find them outside nearly every Chiquitos in the Midlands, and various other places

Do Interparcel / APC collect from an address? Checked their websites but can't find out for sure...

The box I'm using won't even fit in an ML.

Put the measurements into the websites.

They all work of volumetric weight.

If it won't fit in a ML, you may need a pallet.

Don't use parcelmonkey or interparcel, P4D or transglobal are ok though.

Could always go on Shiply.com - put in the details and get bids from couriers. Works a bit like Evilbay only in reverse. You can check couriers feed back. Used them twice for expensive heavy awkward loads - saved me a fortune.

I have used parcel monkey on a few occasions without any problems.

Thanks again for the recommendations, I'll get them up on eBay this weekend. :)

palletline they take stuff on pallet like wheels etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom