Courtesy Cars Are Good For You

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I always picture those little cars doing a forward roll when braking hard.

My C63 is going in for service tomorrow and I have asked for an A45 :) we shall see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When our C class goes in we inevitably end up with an A class, which makes us appreciate our car even more. However earlier this week we had an extended test drive in a GLC220 AMG line Premium Plus. All very familiar, liked the extra height, but although the engine picked up well when pressed, in general tooling around it lacked response. It also felt a little top heavy in the corners and creaked almost as much as ours does!

I quite enjoy jumping into the wifes Micra on occasion. I find it a nice change to have to use a clutch and manual gearbox and have the ability to rev the nads off it without risking any points on my licence. My wife on the other hand usually spends the journey holding onto the sides of her seat while staring accusingly at the rev counter. I don't think she believes that it's good for the engine.

E Cab in for service today - got this
Smart.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]as a loan car

Christ, I'd be wearing that like an overcoat.

Smart.jpg

Fortunately SWMBO had it for the day, not me:D Although I wouldn't mind trying one! The thing I like least is their own branding on it.

Last time the SLK was in for service the dealership gave me a C-class diesel estate. Hardly like for like, but I doubt they have many AMGs on the courtesy car front and it got me where I needed to go. Glad to swap back at the end of the day though..

Cheers,

Gaz

I had my Evora in for its first service last week and the courtesy car offered was.................
.........a base VW UP! :(

A bit different, but at least I was able to get home. Fortunately I wasn't seen by anybody who knew me. :D

Smart.jpg

Same thing happened to me last year, but it was a four door Smart car in bright orange, with orange and brown upholstery, and a bright orange dash, I made my wife drive it home, we must have looked like a couple of easy jet reps. :doh:

I'm a bit tickled by a Smart Roadster as a fun car, but as an old slk isn't much different in price I'm not so sure

Intially the waftiness over the bumps was nice - for at least 100yds :D.

Did you get seasick?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom