courtesy light comes on when turning corner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profuminif

hi all,

just bought a nice 2002 210 estate, will get round to posting some pics of it soon, but its a nice standard 240 elegance.

One niggly problem with it, apart from some of the more common ones such as LCD going in instrument panel, that i think is probably a door switch, but not sure, basically, when i turn right, say round a roundabout, the interior courtesy lights come on, front dome, also if i lock the car, and then pull on passenger side front door handle very soon after locking, the car unlocks itself, would this indicate that it is passenger side front door switch at fault? how do you replace them? :dk:

Simon

check the door catch adjustment before replacing the switch. If the door is just sitting proud of where is should be the door switch may not be operating correctly. If you pull the seal back around the door frame the pop out with a screwdriver of similer.

hi all,

just bought a nice 2002 210 estate, will get round to posting some pics of it soon, but its a nice standard 240 elegance.

One niggly problem with it, apart from some of the more common ones such as LCD going in instrument panel, that i think is probably a door switch, but not sure, basically, when i turn right, say round a roundabout, the interior courtesy lights come on, front dome, also if i lock the car, and then pull on passenger side front door handle very soon after locking, the car unlocks itself, would this indicate that it is passenger side front door switch at fault? how do you replace them? :dk:

Simon

Hi Simon,

I had a similar problem with my E320CDI estate and after some false attempt to fix it, it turned out to be the front passenger door switch. I cured it by replacing the door switch which cost about £8+vat. Funny thing is that I cannot see what is wrong with the old switch at all. Even tested the old switch with a multimeter but could not be bothered to refit old switch to find out what is wrong with it. See my thread

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=50565&highlight=interior+lights

Good luck.

now fixed the problem,

it was the front passenger door, the catch just needed adjusting in a millimeter or so

thanks to all

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom