Coventry Vito garages.

jonny705

Car
Vito 120
Anybody recommend a decent MB repairer in Coventry that can work on Vito's?

Have found the following , are these okay ?

GM motors on lythalls lane Coventry.
Mercland Nuneaton.

Want to get a quote on oil cooler leak , but Van is Sorn at moment so cannot take it there.

Do you think they could give me a Ball park figure?

Trying to work out if I should take a week off and do it myself or work that week and pay someone else :) well maybe a month knowing it's going to be a wallet buster.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range Rover Vogue, Volvo XC60 and crappy Pug 307
Jay from Mercland is a sponsor and very long time member on here, who is recommended a lot.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
I imagine Mercland could uplift the vehicle if needed.

I don't know about GM Motors but 'The Garage' on Lythalls Lane could possibly do it, the chap knows his Mercedes. In fact, I think he has a Vito himself

eame64

Car
Slk 200.Lexus RX 450h
Thanks for this jonny705 as i was just about to ask the same question and as i am not to far away could be very useful.nobody i ask local to me seems to be able to recommend anyone,which is abit worrying really.Just want someone who knows there way around a vito and won't rip you off.

OP
OP
J

jonny705

Car
Vito 120
Well i did a search and pulled up these 2 garages but it was a while back so was not sure if they were still relevent.

Sounds like the guy with a Vito is going to know it faults if he runs one.

But still would like to try to do it myself as will learn a lot about as yet unkown engine.
Think i will drop engine and gearbox , then remove box to acess rear of turbo.

If i get stuck will tow it up to Lythalls lane :)

But might go and have a word with him first and will let you know the outcome if i do.

Regards

Jonny.

OP
OP
J

jonny705

Car
Vito 120
Went to 'The Garage' on Lythalls Lane today and chap was really nice , but does not own a Vito?

Told me to check some things first and might not be that, :) and was really sound.

But will cost a grand :(

OP
OP
J

jonny705

Car
Vito 120
But just to add , that is well cheap from what i have read on net all round the world the last week.

Seals are only £12!

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Went to 'The Garage' on Lythalls Lane today and chap was really nice , but does not own a Vito?

Told me to check some things first and might not be that, :) and was really sound.

But will cost a grand :(

Maybe my mistake, there was a Vito he was standing next to with 'G1 CCC' on the plate and with him being 'G' from 'G Services' (The Garage) I put 2+2 together and got 5 lol

He is a good knowledgeable chap, 21 years in the game IIRC

OP
OP
J

jonny705

Car
Vito 120
Ha! I also seen a Vito parked to the right of the building that looked nice.

Yes certainly had the knowledge its a nightmare!

But was just been honest and backing up evrything I have read on it , so certainly come across as he had done a few.

Regards

Jonny.

OP
OP
J

jonny705

Car
Vito 120
[FONT=&quot]Just a revision on the garage in Lythall Lane.

[/FONT]I bought a cheap Bluetooth scanner and hooked it up to Torque , it initially kept coming up with loads of faults.

Would drive in limp mode then next time be fine.

Garage said he would find out with Diagnostics check , but could not connect it up to my van.
Said I have messed up ECU with OBD2 thingy - and should not drive with them plugged in?

Said I must have done something wrong when I changed oil cooler.
When I said how does it start, tick over and run smooth if I have connected up something wrong-
" Well that's just Mercedes Vans"

So drove it home - went like a Rocket and totally fine.
Took Air Filter off, and spent a couple of hours looking for something I had maybe missed but there was nothing.

A forum member had told me to pm me if I had needed any help, I was at my wits end now, so asked if he could check with his Star scanner the faults I had.
Well he did and there were none :), only 6 stored faults not pertaining to oil cooler change anyway.

The guy at Garage defiantly knew his stuff regarding oil cooler change , but when I left last week honestly thought I HAD screwed up my van , only to find out everything was fine.

I was getting to the point where I would have just left it at the garage and said fix it irrespective of the cost , now glad I didn't -This Forum and its help probably saved me a lot of unnecessary money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom