Covid-19 Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where has this disaster originated?

1. In all the shops by the muppets who decided it would be a good idea to clear the shelves of food and leave nothing for anybody else.
2. In all the parks, seaside towns and places of interest by the plonkers who thought it would be a good idea to treat the day like a bank holiday and visit on mass.
3. All the youngsters who think the virus is no more than a runny nose and couldn’t care less if they pass it on to anybody else.
4. All the clinically insane who think they are going to spend the next 12 months sat on the toilet with a squeaky bum, so decided to empty the shelves of toilet roll and hand sanitiser.
Have I left anybody out ?
These are the same type of people who go to the A&E because they can’t get a doctor’s appointment for a corn on their toe.
They will be the first to complain when they can’t get access to a ventilator. Perhaps if they had tried a little social isolation in the first place we might not be in the 5hit storm.
Sometimes I feel embarrassed to be British when on holiday when I see how some fellow brits behave and tonight feels no different having watched the scenes from around the UK over the weekend.
I wish everyone who tries their best to self isolate in these difficult times all the best.
Everybody mentioned above can go and .... themselves. :devil:

Don't matter who started it or spread it. In 1914 global war was started accidentally. Just got to look after our kith and kin and get through this. We've had a steady and improving way of life for the last 70 years, excepting a few bumps in the road. Comes as a major shock when all your reference points are blown away.

Reactions: m80
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The origin of the virus is the Chinese "wet markets" where they have cages up cages of "food" stacked on top of each other. Some of the "food" is dead, and the alive ones poop, pee, puke and bleed on everything below them. The bill (no pun intended) the Chinese will end up paying for this global crisis will not be insignificant.

I'm thinking the war reparations Germany faced after WW1 need to be multiplied in this case as they didn't learn after the previous bird flu's.
I certainly hope that the rest of the world prosecute China for reparations for the damages resulting directly from their disgraceful 'food' practices. Would be surprised if anything happens though, and whatever they pay in the future won't bring back those that lose their life in this disaster. Whatever happens, the Chinese will continue to eat anything that moves and anything that doesn't.

"Watched one about him the other day. Quite interesting and disturbing at the same time. The guy is a fruit cake. Maybe that's why they called in Jamie Oliver?"

If we're talking fruit cakes, should it not have been Mary Berry?

I certainly hope that the rest of the world prosecute China for reparations for the damages resulting directly from their disgraceful 'food' practices. Would be surprised if anything happens though, and whatever they pay in the future won't bring back those that lose their life in this disaster. Whatever happens, the Chinese will continue to eat anything that moves and anything that doesn't.

I hope that doesn’t include my local Chinese takeaway, I quite enjoy them :)

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

"Trevor Bedford, of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, rubbished stories circulating on social media that Covid-19 was created at Wuhan Institute of Virology or elsewhere in China, rumours that prompted the World Health Organization to warn of an “infodemic” of false news on the outbreak.

“There is no evidence whatsoever of genetic engineering that we can find,” he said at the American Association for the Advancement of Science meeting in Seattle. “The evidence we have is that the mutations [in the virus] are completely consistent with natural evolution.”

One source of rumours was a paper posted by scientists in India claiming that short insertions in the viral genome had an “uncanny similarity” to HIV. Although the paper was quickly withdrawn, its allegations live on in social media.

The research was “wrong on many levels,” said Dr Bedford, whose lab studies the evolution of viruses. The genes it shares with HIV are extremely short sequences naturally shared by other organisms and “repeated again and again throughout the tree of life.”

Dr Bedford is a leader of the worldwide Nextstrain collaboration that began to analyse Covid-19 genomes when they were released in January by Fudan University and the Chinese Centre for Disease Control.

--------------------
Not that the Conspiracy Theorists will take any notice of it, obviously.

Prosecute China in what court, and on what charge? :rolleyes:

When this is all Over the Chinese tariffs will rocket from anyone the they will be dealing with in the future. Well let’s bloody hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May I suggest watching ‘The Happening’ by M. Night Shyamalan

Mother Nature rears it’s ugly head. Well worth a watch and, what if!...

I am sure I am not the only one on here who has worked in China. I guess it's a bit different from what tourists who visit get to see but the first thing that struck me was how every other man seemed to be puffing on a cigarette and when not puffing on a cigarette was hacking phlegm on to any pavement (Carl Pilkington documented this in is own way on 'An Idiot Abroad') . At one stage we (The Westerners) called a meeting and insisted that management fined (thats how they dealt with local worker misdemeanours on site) anyone who spat on the floor where we were working, this was no longer a building site ,the floor we were installing machinery on was better than most have in their kitchens at home as this was a massive project building a baby food powder facility to European standards.

The floors were the best I have ever seen in any facility in the world (I think it was a German company that had installed it) and we were about a month away from production tests and men were hacking blood tinged phlegm on the floor as if they were standing on wasteland. We were expected to crawl around on this floor while levelling machinery and installing services.

In the town there was an Auchan supermarket - The French version of Asda - that looked pretty much like any big European supermarket (Except for the big fat green live frogs on sale) and even in there and the small polished mall it was attached to men would hack up phlegm and spit it onto the floor without a care in the world. I could go on but there is obviously a cultural thing , including the habit of eating pretty much anything that has lived or has yet to be born/hatched.

Why Wuhan ? who knows ? It can not hold the only wet market in the whole of China ??

Well of course this virus came from China,and it was from the eating of weird animals/reptiles,we have a world industrial power with the eating habits of the gutter,of course they say it was not us,that has to be a bad joke,there version of Whats App,had any mention of this virus removed in December,as o nly the chinese state can do,they knew this virus was out there and did nothing to let the world know.

For the record, China is not denying it all started there. The initial reaction was typical of dictatorships - hush it up - but that's long gone, acknowledged as a mistake, and water under the bridge.

Yes, the Chinese gob a lot; perhaps they've been watching too much European professional football...

Plus thousands have died thru the Chinese

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the record, China is not denying it all started there. The initial reaction was typical of dictatorships - hush it up - but that's long gone, acknowledged as a mistake, and water under the bridge.
Actually, that's not quite the whole story.

The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) kept the initial outbreak quiet from the rest of the world for quite a time. They also threatened and silenced those internally who were doing their best to raise a flag to warn both their country folk and those outside China. They continue to oppress anyone who expresses anything other than the "party line" regarding Coronavirus, their handling of the outbreak and subsequent efforts to contain it.

When the disease first started to spread outside China and other countries either ceased flights between China and themselves or suggested that was what they would do, the CCP propaganda machine went into action claiming that it was over-reaction, discriminatory against China, and racist. They backed up that rhetoric with threats of economic actions. Whether severing such transport links between China and the rest of the world at that point would have been effective in halting the spread of the disease is moot (although it probably would have slowed it), but the CCP's stance ensured we didn't get the chance to find out.

Now that CV-19 is "under control" in China (people are free to believe that, I'm not so sure), the CCP propaganda machine is actively sowing false rumours that (variously) the virus was introduced to China by American Service personnel, or that it originated in northern Italy, or... In fact, anything that points the finger of blame away from themselves.

So:
  • Hushing up the outbreak acknowledged as a mistake? Not entirely
  • Water under the bridge? Certainly not - there's significant action being undertaken to muddy those waters
Hygiene and dietary habits notwithstanding, the Chinese people are not responsible for this. However, the despotic, oppressive, CCP regime has far from clean hands and is actively attempting to take advantage of the global situation that their actions (or inactions) have created.

Well, as a strategy to get XR protesters off the street - it's a resounding success!

(For anyone just back from the Welsh hills, the gym, kid's playground, rammed pub - I am joking).

Prosecute China in what court, and on what charge? :rolleyes:
Prosecute can also be used as a verb to 'pursue or continue taking a specific course of action(s) towards achieving an objective or set of objectives'.

So, to prosecute an action (whatever that is) to recover damages from China for failures to protect global public health.

When the disease first started to spread outside China and other countries either ceased flights between China and themselves or suggested that was what they would do, the CCP propaganda machine went into action claiming that it was over-reaction, discriminatory against China, and racist. They backed up that rhetoric with threats of economic actions. Whether severing such transport links between China and the rest of the world at that point would have been effective in halting the spread of the disease is moot (although it probably would have slowed it), but the CCP's stance ensured we didn't get the chance to find out.

I think there was a large degree of complacency with flights.

We can see what has happened to the airlines now. But if yuo had closed down routes back in January or early February they would have resisted. Hindsight might now suggest that a bit of business pain then would have reduced the business wipeout they now face. But no business leader or political leader at that time had the strength of mind to deal with it as it had to be dealt with.

In that sense the Chinese leadership at the time were draling with the same problems. May be closer to ground zero but figuring that if they contained it then the problem wouldn't spread.

Now reality bites. Once it got out from the epicentre it is hard to stop flowing back. China would have been woried about its own economy in January. Now it -like the rest of world - has to worry about other economies too. The world is interconnected and interdependent. Your economy gets the disease then it cannot produce - your customers' econoies get the disease then they cannot buy what you produce.

At a lower level we can see the complacency at a lower level in London now if the images of crammed public transport are to be believed. At a higher level we can see the US government struggling to get a handle on what it needs to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom