Covid-19 Discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Janner

MB Enthusiast
Car
R231 SL350 in Obsidian Black
My forumite colleagues, I have some questions;

Firstly, one for me; What do I know about Covid-19?
It's a virus.
It originated in China.
It's a real ba5tard.
That's about it.

I know that the Flu is avian in origins and that measles came to us via cattle.

But, Covid-19 is, for me, an unknown quantity
Which, if any, animal type did it jump from?
Is it man made (God forbid)?

Any conspiracy theories out there that can be made to fit our situation?

It’s a fact it comes from a pangolin. The chines cut off the scales of them and sell a ton of them for $1000 that’s how

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be simply ‘Nature Finding a Way’ to control our over populated planet. :dk:

Them myths don’t exist

Firstly, there have been plenty of 'plagues' throughout history.
But, 40years ago I sold electronic measurement equment to biological R&D Labs both government and commercial.
Often suited up but I never got into the nasty rooms although I learnt very clearly what they were capable of.
Covid-19 may well have come from animals, but it could so easily have been modified to enhance it or remove the safeguards that we humans have.
The Russians are good at it i.e. Salisbury & North Korea, the Americans probably the most progressive but least cautious, the British very thorough. How many other countries dabble.
For me the juries out. I just pray that our inventiveness will see us through this crises

Firstly, there have been plenty of 'plagues' throughout history.
But, 40years ago I sold electronic measurement equment to biological R&D Labs both government and commercial.
Often suited up but I never got into the nasty rooms although I learnt very clearly what they were capable of.
Covid-19 may well have come from animals, but it could so easily have been modified to enhance it or remove the safeguards that we humans have.
The Russians are good at it i.e. Salisbury & North Korea, the Americans probably the most progressive but least cautious, the British very thorough. How many other countries dabble.
For me the juries out. I just pray that our inventiveness will see us through this crises

Novichok is a purely chemical compound and acts as a a acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. Covid19 is a Virus that actively infects human and other mammalian cells.

It hardly helps the debate to conflate totally different threats with ill formed and inaccurate supposition that is decades out of date.

Exactly my sentiments

Watching to many films [emoji15]

Lol

Talking of Mr Putin, there was supposed to be a program about him on Channel Four, instead we have Jamie Oliver and yet another cooking program!
Watched one about him the other day. Quite interesting and disturbing at the same time. The guy is a fruit cake. Maybe that's why they called in Jamie Oliver?

The origin of the virus is the Chinese "wet markets" where they have cages up cages of "food" stacked on top of each other. Some of the "food" is dead, and the alive ones poop, pee, puke and bleed on everything below them. The bill (no pun intended) the Chinese will end up paying for this global crisis will not be insignificant.

I'm thinking the war reparations Germany faced after WW1 need to be multiplied in this case as they didn't learn after the previous bird flu's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom