Covid test

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ted

MB Enthusiast
Car
Lexus RC300h F-Sport, Yamaha XVS 1100, Toyota C-HR GR sport
Mrs Ted was feeling a bit off so took a covid test.
While she wasn’t looking, I sneaked a red biro line on it.

My arm is now bruised.

Happy Christmas everyone!!!

Attachments

• 629D2671-78E8-448D-8AD3-5C3A7DDACD9C.jpeg
    629D2671-78E8-448D-8AD3-5C3A7DDACD9C.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 24
Mrs Swotty and I have had the lergy for a week or so. According to the papers, we have classic Omicron symptoms.

Had PCR tests yesterday (no free LTFs out here in the sticks) and results back today. Sadly it's not covid, just a winter cold.

Anyway, as Omicron is a SARS type 1 virus, we now have T-cell immunity, according to a (retired) virologist in our social circle. He says it's far better than the immunity conferred by vaccines and lasts far, far longer. I'd read that before but it's reassuring to hear it from a real, qualified person.

We're staying away from mixing, just in case the tests were wrong. Fancied a Christmas on our own for once anyway.

Reactions: Ted
Mrs Swotty and I have had the lergy for a week or so. According to the papers, we have classic Omicron symptoms.

Had PCR tests yesterday (no free LTFs out here in the sticks) and results back today. Sadly it's not covid, just a winter cold.

Anyway, as Omicron is a SARS type 1 virus, we now have T-cell immunity, according to a (retired) virologist in our social circle. He says it's far better than the immunity conferred by vaccines and lasts far, far longer. I'd read that before but it's reassuring to hear it from a real, qualified person.

We're staying away from mixing, just in case the tests were wrong. Fancied a Christmas on our own for once anyway.
Am I understanding this correctly ? This cold you've had gives you immunity from Covid? If so, why aren't we all immune, and why is it possible to have more than one cold in the course of a winter?

23.5 million of us probably are, but im leaving it at that, i believe this thread is not allowed here.

Am I understanding this correctly ? This cold you've had gives you immunity from Covid? If so, why aren't we all immune, and why is it possible to have more than one cold in the course of a winter?

I suspect not total immunity but, yes, apparently Omicron is SARS 1 rather than SARS 2. You're right ... folk can contract more than one bout of cold or 'flu, even covid, so the protection is not total and guaranteed, I guess.

He also said that naturally acquired immunity protects against all virus variants in that particular family, compared with vaccines which are more limited in their effect.

Totally over my head, but he is a retired virologist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom