Cowboy builders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ackee911

Car
Mercedes-Benz S500L
Anyone watched this on channel five?

I find it very hard to believe that tradesmen will give away labour hours for free AND suppliers to give away parts for free!

I know Melinda is nice eye-candy, but still......

You don't think that being on tele might have something to do with it????

Giving away £10k of kitchen made me wonder ??

Anyone watched this on channel five?

I find it very hard to believe that tradesmen will give away labour hours for free AND suppliers to give away parts for free!

I know Melinda is nice eye-candy, but still......

Erm, yes... It's like Challenge Anneka!

Staggering that the loft conversion was quite so bad :crazy: The chap does need stringing up for that kind of workmanship... And the other major crime of owning a Kia 4x4!

My ex worked for a TV show and so much of it is bo11ocks its untrue

You don't think that being on tele might have something to do with it????

Giving away £10k of kitchen made me wonder ??

I haven't seen the show yet but I'm sure its one of those...

"The kitchen will cost you £50'000 BUT..... If you agree to have it as a show home, we can discount that to only £5'000. This deal expires in the next 3 minutes so let me know!" :rolleyes:

I switched over and caught the bit where Melinda messenger in all seriousness said - "the problem your loft conversion has got is the builder has laid the joists in the wrong direction and the ceiling of the bedroom below is taking all of the weight. that's really quite unsafe" without so much as a 'I've been told' or "we've established that..."

it would have made it much more authentic if she'd sucked her teeth and had her bum poking out the top of her jeans, but no such luck.

Channel 5 - the sort of quality TV that even ITV won't broadcast*. :D

Naffest bit was the 'heart attack' thing. Quack was shown saying "symptoms consistent with heart attack" and the humble viewer was left thinking the scammee had been driven to a heart attack.

There were, of course, some really heartless people who - despite the sob story - refused to give up their time for free. Er, that'd be Melinda Messenger, Dom Littlewood and all the TV crew.

* House is the obvious exception.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom