Crab cap Distributor rotor problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sangob94

Car
Mercedes 300sl 1954
Hi!
I’m restoring a 1954 300sl gullwing, we are having a mayor problem regarding the rotor of the distributor. The engine has been modified so we aren’t using the original distributor.
The one we are using right now is a crab cap distributor non electronic starting, and the rotor y
Is broke.

By any chance any of you guys know where I can find a new rotor?

regards from Mexico

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
It looks just like the one in my Ponton ; I expect it probably is the same , as will be the cap , and will also be shared with the 300 Adenauer models . I would be most surprised if these are not available new from the dealerships .

Niesoller list them ( for the original distributor ) . My car is a W105 and has the M180 , also 6 cylinder but 2195cc , the cap and rotor look very similar to what is in your photos .

Also this may be of help

As an option , the 123 electronic distributor , made in the netherlands , should be suitable , and would give you contactless ignition , while still looking original under the bonnet - if you contact them they are very helpful .

In fact they state this one is suitable for the 300SL

The following websites should also be useful for general parts , shared across other models , and may help with specific requests

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom