Crack appearing in W210 Instrument glass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSmart

Just wondering if this another thing W210'S do......

A crack is spreading across (South to north) the glass of the instrument cluster.....can't understand how or why???

I would like to get another instrument cluster as the temp guage doesn't work, but at £400 plus, its another thing to live with.

Paul.

PaulSmart said:
Just wondering if this another thing W210'S do......

A crack is spreading across (South to north) the glass of the instrument cluster.....can't understand how or why???

I would like to get another instrument cluster as the temp guage doesn't work, but at £400 plus, its another thing to live with.

Paul.

u need to get on ebay and get a new one, replace the inner bits so u keep your milage.

Is the cluster pushed in correctly to the space? sounds like there is some sort of pressure from (i assume) underneath - steering wheel adjustment??

Hi,
you are not alone with a cracked instrument glass front. Mine also is cracking upwards. I bought another housing off of Ebay --- however this one didnt come with the buttons on the side, so at somestage i need to separate the glass from the housing and glue it onto the old one ---- but thats a sometime job IMG_0024.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom