Cracked Alloy - C43 - Help Required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShaneyB

Car
C43 AMG Premium Plus
Hi guys,
just had a service on my car and I have a cracked alloy on the inside of my front nearside wheel. I just got back from holiday on Saturday and had to put air in and the warning light was on again this morning when I dropped it off at Merc. The car goes back in November.

Any ways around replacing the wheel at £773.00??

Depending upon the thoroughness of the inspection when the car is returned, I suspect a weld repair will incur a surcharge.

They usually go on the inside of the wheel, only visible by taking the wheel off, even on ramps you could easily miss it.

Thanks guys, fully safe?

Inside edge, nearside front on my 19" spotted on service, tyer hadn't deflated, got it tig welded at local metal fabricators cost £30 I think you're allowed up to 3 welds, not sure. Sold it on eBay for £125 + postage to a man in Greece, and got a deal off MB at half price £400 due to some main dealer cockups they'd made with my car, that's another story. Get it welded see how you get on.

Set of replica wheels for the price of one OEM (with plenty of change), or purchase a new OEM alloy. Who trusts a weld on a car that goes 150+ o_O

Set of replica wheels for the price of one OEM (with plenty of change), or purchase a new OEM alloy. Who trusts a weld on a car that goes 150+ o_O

The way wheels are built these days, the weld will be the strongest part!

The way wheels are built these days, the weld will be the strongest part!

If you were referring to the factory 19” multispokes from a w204 c63, I’d agree with that statement!

3 of my wheels on the cls55 have been professionally welded with no problems at all. They crack on the inside due to the offset and the rather poor manufacturing quality which seems at its limits with the UKs woeful pothole epidemic.

I've got a C-Class C250 Estate AMG Sports+ with 18inch AMG alloys and I've got a whole set of alloys with a crack in them ! Speaking to Mercedes Dealer just now to see if they will replace them as all have the same crack in them... inside rim crack.

I've got a C-Class C250 Estate AMG Sports+ with 18inch AMG alloys and I've got a whole set of alloys with a crack in them ! Speaking to Mercedes Dealer just now to see if they will replace them as all have the same crack in them... inside rim crack.
I'd love to think they will, but it's never going to happen is it?

You never know. The service manager is speaking to the warranty dept of MB to see what they come back with.
id Upload a pic but apparently it’s too large lol

You never know. The service manager is speaking to the warranty dept of MB to see what they come back with.
id Upload a pic but apparently it’s too large lol
You've got the double whammy, cracks on alloys easily attributed to potholes, and in Glasgow, a Stratstone dealer, easily the worst Mercedes dealers in the UK!
I hope you get something out of it at least.

You've got the double whammy, cracks on alloys easily attributed to potholes, and in Glasgow, a Stratstone dealer, easily the worst Mercedes dealers in the UK!
I hope you get something out of it at least.
I’ve found there service to be 100% to be honest. Most dealers would fob you off be they have taken the time to have a chat and take it to Mb.

I've had 15 years experience of them, give it time and you'll see!

Here are some pics of the alloys...
Image4
Image3
Image2
Image1

I've had 15 years experience of them, give it time and you'll see!

ive atatched some pics of the alloys the are cracked ! email MB to see what's going to happen.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 3
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 3
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 3
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 3
They are the same wheels that I have, see my post #6. If you have any joy with MB let me know, if they are accepting of any responsibility re workmanship, materials, tensile strength or anything else, I too will be claiming. Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom