Cracked Injector - repair or replace?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rawhide

Car
2 x 2004 S211 320 CDI
I have spent the best part of a week fixing black death on my E320 CDI. I replaced the seal but it was still leaking after re-assembly. I did buy a bore face cutting tool but it seems that it does not reach the base of the injector. Ive ordered a more expensive laser set now which arrives tomorrow.

However after giving the injector a clean i found this crack.

It could have been caused by me spraying carb cleaner on it whilst it was still warm but I think its actually quite old.

What are my options? I see a company on ebay refurb them for around £100 or is this a false economy?

Opinions very welcome.
9b4c272dc1dbf3dafc3c4412a3dd9944.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hi.
I had kind of similar issue, mine the face of the injector was worn away hence was leaking.
You can send them to be reconditioned for about 68 quid or so.
You can also buy a second hand broken injector and unbolt the face or nozzle cap and fit it on yours, i tried to buy a new nozzle cap but couldn't find anywhere

Just to update on this I took the injector to

Vehicle Diagnostics, Diesel Fuel Pump & Injector Test & Repairs who could not have been more helpful. They cleaned the injector, put a new end cap on and checked the flow. All for less than 20 quid and it only took about 10 minutes.

They also included a Bosch seal which is ever so slightly thicker than the MB seal and flat as opposed to slightly concave.

All fitted and my leak is fixed for now!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom