cramp pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmanuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 AVANTGARDE SE SPORT GONE AND MISSED LANDROVER FREELANDER 2 LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW
sat on computer chair and got cramp in my calf,imagine a 21st guy hobling round the lounge trying to put his foot on the floor crying "yes crying"in pain.my god never felt anything like that before,absolute agony,then my calf is as hard as the brick wall .starting to ease off but what an experiance.wife found it histerical untill she realised i was not joking.

The best thing to do would have been to rub your calf immediately with both hands and very very vigorously.

You have my sympathy. I had the most excruciating cramp suddenly come on in one leg while I was in bed asleep in a hotel in Vienna! 4am, yelping and crying with pain, while hopping around the room. Not fun at all :(

i often dance round the bedroom going oh oh oh or words to that effect generally about 4 am such pain awfull

I get exactly the same from time to time ....

Makes my wife laugh no end , as i'm jumping around screaming. :D

glad to see i'm not as soft as i thought,just a little ache now

I get this all the time but am yet to dance around in pain. As I said above grab your calf and rub vigorously to generate heat...it will be gone in seconds.

There are many possible causes for night cramps, wither way they are very painful.

Specifically for the calf, you should sit down, hold your tows with both hands, and push you heel down with your leg, while pulling the front the foot upwards with your hand.

The idea is to stretch the cramped muscle. That are similar exercises for other muscles, though some are a bit more complicated to execute, but you can Google it.

If the cramps occur too often you could ask your GP to prescribe to you Quinine Sulphate tables (200mg or 300mg). They help some people, though not all. But when they are effective, they 100% eliminate the problem. You could also try drinking soft drinks containing Quinine, such as Tonic Water, though you will need to drink rather large quantities.

Last edited:
I get this all the time but am yet to dance around in pain. As I said above grab your calf and rub vigorously to generate heat...it will be gone in seconds.

This can indeed help, as will a hot bath or shower, as it will invigorate blood circulation in the affected area. Hitting the rigid muscle in karate-like chops can also help. But the best option is to stretch it as described above.

There are many possible causes for night cramps, wither way they are very painful.

Specifically for the calf, you should sit down, hold your tows with both hands, and push you heel down with your leg, while pulling the front the foot upwards with your hand.

The idea is to stretch the cramped muscle. That are similar exercises for other muscles, though some are a bit more complicated to execute, but you can Google it.

If the cramps occur too often you could ask your GP to prescribe to you Quinine Sulphate tables (200mg or 300mg). They help some people, though not all. But when they are effective, they 100% eliminate the problem. You could also try drinking soft drinks containing Quinine, such as Tonic Water, though you will need to drink rather large quantities.

I go along with the Quinine, I have been taking it for the last 5/6 years at night ( the cause for me is a fairly complicated one, which I wont bother you with) stopped taking it once, after 2 days off it Night Cramps came back, so back on the Quinine.

Word of Caution: Be aware of D.V.T. Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT, Blood Clot in the Legs) You don't necessarily have to have the classic symptoms : Deep Vein Thrombosis (Blood Clot in the Legs) Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention on MedicineNet.com

My wife didn't show the signs, but we had a very savvy G.P. who plays on the on the better safe than sorry team.

This is spot on! :thumb:

Specifically for the calf, you should sit down, hold your TOES with both hands, and push you heel down with your leg, while pulling the front OF the foot upwards with your hand.....

....If the cramps occur too often you could ask your GP to prescribe to you Quinine Sulphate TABLETS (200mg or 300mg).....

:doh::doh::doh:

Cramps often occur when there is low salt content in your blood, this is not an advisory to take copious amounts of salt...but a small increase daily would help if you get cramps a lot.

its horrible. i get this a lot usually just after waking up in the morning. just about waking up, still half asleep, then bang, it kicks in and i'm dancing around the room.

If your dehydrated it can cause leg cramps. I get them mostly during the night and they can be very painfull. Unless your getting them regularly dont think its anything to worry about.

Last edited:
I had a really nasty dose of cramp last year, so much so I couldn't drive to work safely, as each time I bent my knee it returned!!

Cramp in my neck is possibly the most painful.

I often get cramp in my hip and knee, I'm in a profession which involves a lot of time on my knees, and begins with a P. :crazy:

I put that down to the root of it.

I often get cramp in my hip and knee, I'm in a profession which involves a lot of time on my knees, and begins with a P. :crazy:

I put that down to the root of it.

Priest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom