Crane lifting a Crane...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Excellent planning by Liebherr to show off their skills to their customers and keeping them at the forefront of Lifting Operations :)

That must be quite some mass the biggest one is lifting there...

That must be quite some mass the biggest one is lifting there...

Combined weight of 1,430 tonnes, at a radius of 30 metres.
Ground bearing pressure of 70t/sq m which could have been halved if they decided to place Crane mats down but there was no requirement as the Yard in Ehingen is more than capable of 100t/sq m

Impressive Management and the Lift was the brain-child of Hans-Dieter Willim, Liebherr’s chief crane designer so all in good hands :thumb:

I've spent a fair bit of time down in Ehingen on the majority of their cranes and although I'm 29yrs in the Lifting Operations Business, it still impresses me how far these guys can push the boundaries safely. Planning, Training and supervision are the key :cool:

^^^Couldn't agree more^^^

Had the pleasure of watching some of those machines in action during the offshore windfarm deployment from Barrow-in-Furness.

I suppose we should have this little demo here too!

[YOUTUBE]VBMUvAUPTGM[/YOUTUBE]

What do you do Chris?
I'm an offshore heavy lift supervisor now, working on offshore windfarms, been involved with cranes like the above for over 10 years when I worked for sarens(small time at ainscough heavys) and 10 years before on smaller cranes.

Edit, read your profile. I'm on an MPI vessel currently, sailing out of Esbjerg.

Edit,Edit, I think i've just found you on linkedin, we are connected if its you?

Last edited:
I'm on the Bold Tern, which you'll see is also in Esbjerg at present loading out :)
Currently on my 2 week off so back out on Tuesday
Marc Ziegenbein on your vessel?

You're vessel is parked up behind me! and it's loaded. I've just got back for my two weeks on.
I'm on the Adventure, the only floating loading one!, don't know that name.
I've spoken to you on the phone, I'm friends with Alan Linney from when we we're on Gwynt-y-mor

Small world :D

I've spoken to you on the phone

Now that is weird - and yet you are both on here without a clue previously.

A very modern situation!

Now that is weird - and yet you are both on here without a clue previously.

A very modern situation!

The World of Heavy Lifting is very small as just been proven.... We had no idea of each other on here but now we do :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom