Crank Position Sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55MO

Car
C63 AMG 2009
Afternoon everyone..

So Sunday night we decided to go out for dinner.. Running on a 1/4 tank I filled up. Upon trying to get going again the car would not start. It would turn over but nothing further.

It did eventually start but the engine light was on.

I have a blutooth obd2 device linked to torque app in my phone. I did a quick fault finder and it came back with crank position sensor failure.

I have noticed the engine being a little rough, vibration and a significant drop in mpg..

Having just done a quick search there are hardly any places you can purchase from.. I would rather not go to eBay..

Any suggestions

E55MO said:
Afternoon everyone.. So Sunday night we decided to go out for dinner.. Running on a 1/4 tank I filled up. Upon trying to get going again the car would not start. It would turn over but nothing further. It did eventually start but the engine light was on. I have a blutooth obd2 device linked to torque app in my phone. I did a quick fault finder and it came back with crank position sensor failure. I have noticed the engine being a little rough, vibration and a significant drop in mpg.. Having just done a quick search there are hardly any places you can purchase from.. I would rather not go to eBay.. Any suggestions
I think I found the part number online (via one of the yank forums) and bought mine from inchscape mercedes parts online for my C32 last summer! Was about £60 from memory!

Edit, yours maybe the same part number as mine! The broken one that's sat on my computer in front of me is A003 153 27 28

Last edited:
Bought mine from Mercedes, approx. £100 for the part and I installed it myself.

Mine was replaced last year.

If you have mobilo call them out they will replace it foc roadside like they did on my c43.

I called the Inchape dartford yesterday and got no reply.

Just found this,

Crankshaft Pulse Sensor

would this be suitable?

info

Hi if you have put your car reg in the boxes then the part should be fine .But you must check that its the right sensor ,as it may not be the only one on your engine.I have 2 on mine 1 at the front pully, and 1 on the crankshaft. On most search you do the web search will show you both sensors.Both dont look the same.

Hi if you have put your car reg in the boxes then the part should be fine .But you must check that its the right sensor ,as it may not be the only one on your engine.I have 2 on mine 1 at the front pully, and 1 on the crankshaft. On most search you do the web search will show you both sensors.Both dont look the same.

The crankshaft pulley sensor is located on the n/s bell housing right at the back of the engine. Awkward to reach and sometimes stubborn to remove.

To the OP, why not just get the correct one from the dealer? They cost around £90.

I would be inclined to get your fault tested by someone with STAR before spending money though.

Did you clear the fault with your reader, only for the fault to return?

Rev

e55mo you can check your crank sensor ,but onlyif its failed by spining over the engine , you will only find this when it wont start. You will then see the revecounter pointer going up .

The crankshaft pulley sensor is located on the n/s bell housing right at the back of the engine. Awkward to reach and sometimes stubborn to remove.

To the OP, why not just get the correct one from the dealer? They cost around £90.

I would be inclined to get your fault tested by someone with STAR before spending money though.

Did you clear the fault with your reader, only for the fault to return?

The code was cleared using the torque app. I drove about 30 miles parked up for 3 hours and was able to start the car again with no issues.

But the car is not driving as smoothly as before. its a lot rougher and the mpg is about 7/8 mpg down.. Even when i drive like a nun..

regards

^ Hope you get it sorted soon:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom